Help with part/name for backwash/waste water exit valve hole

DR87

Aug 29, 2022
Missouri
I've got a Heyward Pentair filter for an 18k gallon pool we inherited with the house we bought last August. When I backwash I have to put the hose over the exit valve hole and clamp it down with a metal adjustable ring. Not to mention I have to stretch the hose quite a bit to get over the little bit of the valve hole that protrudes out from the spider valve, and more often then not when I go to send the water out the pressure kicks the hose off making it a wet mess. I see the inside of the exit valve hole has threads for a reducer to make this easier. Why the previous owner didn't have one I have no idea.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is what this part would be named and where can I get one? Is it just a PVC reducer? Is it specific to the filter?

I've got a Heyward Pentair filter for an 18k gallon pool we inherited with the house we bought last August. When I backwash I have to put the hose over the exit valve hole and clamp it down with a metal adjustable ring. Not to mention I have to stretch the hose quite a bit to get over the little bit of the valve hole that protrudes out from the spider valve, and more often then not when I go to send the water out the pressure kicks the hose off making it a wet mess. I see the inside of the exit valve hole has threads for a reducer to make this easier. Why the previous owner didn't have one I have no idea.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is what this part would be named and where can I get one? Is it just a PVC reducer? Is it specific to the filter?
Hayward or Pentair? Which is the filter? Without knowing, the part you likely need is this:

Reactions: DR87
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.