Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40

Hi everyone,Image_003.jpg
My wife and I have talked about putting in an inground pool for years and it looks like this is the year we are going to do it. We reached out to a couple of local contractors and really like the one proposed in the attached pics. I was hoping for some feedback/suggestions, do's/don'ts on the design and the documents provided by the PB. The pool will basically be 20'-6"x 39'-6"x54" deep with steps on both ends, a tanning deck on one end and a sitting ledge on each side. We are also looking to build a 20'x30' outdoor kitchen (similar to the one in the attached pic) with a bathroom next to the pool. The outdoor kitchen builder will take care of the concrete associated with it and between the house and the pool. Any comments and/or recommendations would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

pavilion pic 1.jpg

Attachments

• Pool Price Breakdown(2).pdf
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • 2020 Contract-Construction Guide (4).pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome! :wave:

What I see on the pool design is that little hollow between the bottom step and the long walls. That would be a natural spot for debris to collect and a bear to brush. A robot might not fit either, if you ever go that route.

Which way does the prevailing wind blow? Whichever way it goes, that's were you want the skimmer. Then surface trash gets blown to the skimmer. You don't want it to be like my pool where it sails past and collects on the deep end to get waterlogged and sink so it has to be vacuumed.

There are a whole bunch of older threads asking what would you do different or "design ideas" Try the search box up top. Use the G button instead of the search button. It seems to work better.

Welcome to the forum!
You do not want the Easytouch Lite version -- it is limited in what you can do, does not have a sub panel in it, etc. I would also shy away from the iChlor 30 and get an IC40 SWCG.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
You do not want the Easytouch Lite version -- it is limited in what you can do, does not have a sub panel in it, etc. I would also shy away from the iChlor 30 and get an IC40 SWCG.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thanks. I'll go check it out.

I agree with Richard. I would take those steps all the way to the walls to fill up the empty spots aka dirt collectors.

Now lets talk about your design...........what are you thinking you will use the pool for the most? Floating with a drink in your hand? Swimming? playing games like Watermelon Ball or volley ball?

What are the depths of this pool?

With both ends having steps there is no swimming lane where you could do a flip turn or such. Now if you are not a swimmer that will not matter.

I would move the help to the house end. It will be a wonderful place to chill and watch TV on the patio.

I would only have 2 bubblers on the shelf.

Kim:kim:

I agree with Richard. I would take those steps all the way to the walls to fill up the empty spots aka dirt collectors.

Now lets talk about your design...........what are you thinking you will use the pool for the most? Floating with a drink in your hand? Swimming? playing games like Watermelon Ball or volley ball?

With both ends having steps there is no swimming lane where you could do a flip turn or such. Now if you are not a swimmer that will not matter.

I would move the help to the house end. It will be a wonderful place to chill and watch TV on the patio.

The pool will be 54" deep from end to end. We will mostly be playing games ie volleyball and floating with a drink. However, all bets are off with the kids (9 & 10). The house will shade the house/pool end fairly early in the afternoon. Thats why we put the deck on the other end. We are going to have a TV in a 15'x20' covered seating area with the outdoor kitchen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.