Help with impeller parts on Hayward Super II

May 31, 2015
Flower Mound, TX
Pump is a very old Hayward Super II (SP3015X20AZ).

I need to replace the impeller (backed up, threads are very worn down), but I'm having trouble ordering parts. The part that I pulled off was a SP3016-C, but seems like the part number for this pump's impeller should be SP3015-C. Can someone help me with determining which one is correct? The dimensions for these 2 parts are very different.

Background, in case it helps. I replaced the motor on the pump last April (Motor 56j Thrd Full 2hp (b130)) and it ran fine until a few weeks ago, and from what I can tell I got some back pressure (off and on real quick by accident) and that spun the impeller off some. I tightened it down, but now I am leaking from the bottom of the pump. I bought more gaskets (mainly to replace the shaft seal) and that's when I noticed the impeller threads are destroyed.

The SP3015X20AZ pump uses a SPX3016C impeller, a SPX3021B diffuser and a SPX3021R wear ring.

That pump is generaly too strong for a residential pool.

If you want to downgrade the pump performance, you can replace the following parts:

Impeller....SPX3007C

Diffuser....SPX3000BN

Wear ring...SPX3005R

Or, you can replace the impeller with the original if you want the same flow.

Reactions: laurin1
The current impeller is very big. Going to a smaller impeller would reduce the power usage significantly.

It would lower the system pressure and flow. The pump would be quieter as well.

Unless you need very high flow, I would definitely downsize the impeller. If you don't want to drop down to a SPX3007C, you could go to a SPX3010C, which is midway between both.

You would need to replace the Diffuser (SPX3000BN) and Wear ring (SPX3005R) if you go with the SPX3007C or the SPX3010C impeller.

Reactions: laurin1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.