Help with equipment

Jun 22, 2018
Greer, SC
I am in need of some advice on what equipment I need for my existing and soon (next year) to be pool.

Current pool: Intex 32ft x 16ft x 52" deep approximately 14,364 gallons.
This pool has been modified with two Hayward skimmers (piped back with 2" and 4 returns piped with 1.5"

New pool (will go in next winter)
18x40 inground with 8' deep end, approximately 23,500 gallons
Features:
Slide
Deck jets
Color changing lights
Heater (Gas)
Possible water fall
Salt water pool
Control system

Now for the equipment needs since the intex pump has failed and I am sick of dealing with the undersized sand filter and the constant adding of chlorine. A friend gave me a Sta-Rite S8D110 DE filter with a brand new filter set, so I would like to use this at least for now. This still leaves me needing a pump and would love a salt system. What equipment is needed that could also be used on the new pool?
-Pump
-Salt system
-Controller

Is there a reasonably priced way to go or would you suggest going whole hog and just get an intellicenter with salt and VS pump? Any help with model numbers or a good company to call and talk with about this would be great.

Them your good to go with any equipment you like. I saw you mention pentair. I install Hayward so mo help there. An aquaplus bundle gives you a salt cell amd a good prologic controller that does it all for reasonable money. A tristar VS would be my pump choice it's all I use amymore

Jimmy,

I have looked at the Hayward equipment and like what everyone has to say about there pumps. How is the Omnilogic? I am having a hard time finding anything on the Omnilogic systems and the pricing. Does Hayward allow DIY of the Omnilogic and if so anyone know of vendors that sell to homeowners.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Ommilogic is good, its overkill for most pools really. Depends on what your wnd game is. Not sure about DIY I have 3 yrs as an authorized installer. They are all getting tighter with warranty, some brands give 60days to DIY. Honestly I've had one pump go bad in a week and 1 in the 3rd season and I beleive it was lighting on that one, out of hundred+ ove installed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.