Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Last fall we bought a new house that has a pool. It's vinyl-lined 18x40 25,611 gallons. It came with an older (not sure age) single speed Pentair SF-N1-1A-340008 pump, a Nature2 Pro G system, and a sand filter.

This spring, I plan to remove the Nature2 system and to add a salt system. Would it also make sense to replace/upgrade the pump at this time? Anything else I should consider doing?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Would it also make sense to replace/upgrade the pump at this time?
Sure does. That old single speed pump is an energy hog. You'll see many more benefits to replacing it. Variable Speed Pumps are the rage now with a much larger selection of makes/models to chose from to fit many budgets.

Anything else I should consider doing?
You might post a pic or two of your equipment pad so we can see. It might result in more ideas.

325056392_1228871764692312_3740510804420899628_n.jpg
I'm also considering adding a heater (posted another thread in that category). Note: the storage cabinet to the right of the sand filter can be moved if I need more space for the equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.