Help with configuring my pentair setup!

ross.dickson

Feb 27, 2023
Morongo Valley, CA
Hello all!

I have a feeling my pentair system was never setup right. It’s about 9 months old in the high desert in Morongo valley, CA. I had both a propane heater and electric heat pump installed

- salt intellichlor
- pentair easytouch 2
- pentair 400k btu propane heater
- pentair 140k ultratemp heat pump

Here are my issues:
- heat pump has never really worked at all. It would never heat the pool, and can’t even get the spa to temp. We don’t use it and seems to be a waste of money unless it wasn’t configured correctly.
- the jets in the spa have never worked. Hot water comes in, but no bubbles! I’m wondering if it was configured incorrextly

I’m looking in the ScreenLogic configure app, hoping you can tell me if these settings are wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3238.jpeg
    IMG_3238.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 6
Ross,

Show us several pics of your equipment pad.

In the Spa mode your pump is running as fast as it can, so your spa jet problem is not in the EasyTouch.

Does your Spa have a blower??

I don't have a heater so not much help there.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ross,

On the far right side of your equipment pad is a pipe that is capped off at the top.

Is that pipe still the same, or is there now a blower motor mounted on top of the pipe??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ross,

I suspect that the capped pipe on the far right is supposed to have a blower on top of it. But that is just my assumption.

You need to check your contract to see if a blower was included, or contact your pool builder.

I do not see your spa issue having anything to do with the EasyTouch configuration.

The heater issue may be related, but I don't have a single heater, much less two of them.. :mrgreen:

If the pool is new why not get the builder come out and fix it???

Thanks,

Jim R.

That is definitely the plan. I just thought maybe it was better if I take the configuration into my own hands assuming all the equipment is there and installed. Now I'm questioning whether there was ever a blower installed!
From what I have seen most builders in our area don't install a blower.
Mine has an air stand pipe like yours but with 2 90's installed to point down (so no rain or debris can enter) with a cap that has holes drilled in it.
Your heat pump if working will take several hours to heat the spa. They are good for maintining temp but not getting the temp up quickly. I presume that is why the mastertemp was installed. The mastertemp should heat the spa in ~30 minutes.
I'm on intellicenter so I can't help with configuration on easytouch of the two heaters but I presume it is similar. I have the mastertemp and solar heat so have to set each circuit to which heater it will use and when.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.