Help with balancing PH and alkalinity

Apr 15, 2018
Daphne Alabama
Hello,

been some time time since my last post, I moved into my house in August which had a 10k gallon pool, thanks to trouble free pool and the advice of this forum I have not had a single problem!!

ive learnt my pool and what it responds to.

Only one issue I have is my PH seems to be on the little high side 7.9, but when I drop PH using muratic acid, I also lose alkalinity so I put some baking soda in this then raises Alkalinity but then PH raises I can’t win!

It it may be perfectly normal and may just be my pool and my environment.

Any my tips or help appreciated

Can you provide a full set of test results?

Normally, you ignore TA and let pH settle at whatever level it will stay at. That can be disrupted by having to use high TA fill water.

TA?

Keep pH in 7's as Allen mentioned and see what the TA settles at. Anything 50 or higher is fine.

Says my CSI is -0.26 first time Ive calculated it but will keep an eye on it now. It’s a good measure to understand if plaster is being damaged! Thank you.

Your balance is pretty good. CSI between 0.0 to -0.3 is optimal.

Use PoolMath to look at how your CSI would change if you increase your CH to 250-300. And look at how your CSI changes when your water rises to summer temps.

Your balance is pretty good. CSI between 0.0 to -0.3 is optimal.

Use PoolMath to look at how your CSI would change if you increase your CH to 250-300. And look at how your CSI changes when your water rises to summer temps.
I can see by pushing CH up really effect csi in a good way!

Ive put 3-4lb of calcium dihydate yesterday so should push up CH, I’ll test tomorow.

got in to late from work.

Thanks for your help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.