Help with balancing new pool

Oct 13, 2018
Windsor
We had our pool recently installed and opened. I am from Canada and having difficulty getting a tfp100 or taylor k2006c kit right now, hopefully solve for that soon. I’ve been left with test strips for now (I know I know). My issue is my fc has been testing at pretty well zero for the last few weeks but the water is crystal clear. It is a swg that I kept turning up but the tests kept coming back the same. My pump runs 24 hours at 55% (I will be adjusting this but currently electricity is very cheap so I haven’t started playing with it yet as I wanted the pool to balance out) we had the solar blanket on the last week and weren’t swimming in it. I tested it at fc-3, then this morning it was showing 10 so I turned down swg and pulled back the cover as our backyard gets sun all day. Retested tonight and it is showing zero again, tested twice both times. Is there anything I can do in the mean time until I get get a proper test kit.

Test tonight
fc-0
Ph- 7.2
Ta- 80
Cya-40 ( I added some stabilizer based on the app to bring this up)

new to all of this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tough to say with test strips. We hesitate to provide guidance based on them.

Only two things eat chlorine, organics or sunlight. Organics takes a SLAM Process, sunlight takes more CYA. Up to you how you approach it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.