Help to replace light

Niteowl

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Pinellas Park, Florida
I removed my light to clean behind it (algae). Now I can't get it back in. Its been sitting on the side of my pool for 2 months now. I am having trouble trying to keep my body from moving while holding the light down (it wants to float up) AND aligning the screw all at the same time. Any tips to make this easier? Is there anything that I can attach here to make this easier? Maybe make it a magnetic install?

I know exactly what you are going through and had the same experience. I ended up buying one of these suctions handles to give me leverage underwater. Still very tricky to do but basically I would engaged the light fixture into the lower latch then push the light into place and somehow hold on to the bar, hold the light in place and screw in the top screw to secure it. I am not saying it was easy, but having something to hold onto under water might help. Also, I find if you breath out and hold your breath before going under water, you don't float to the top as quickly.

Good luck.

Amazon link

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.