Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Guess my eyes are not that great. I say 7.8 my wife says 7.5. Please let me know what you think. Just need a good reference. FC is low because just got a new Pentair VS installed on Saturday after original one went out a week ago. 1D3690DE-0119-4A2C-9541-C4965E284846.jpeg

7.8. 7.5 will have just a touch more yellow. Match how yellow it is rather than the exact shade.

Sometimes it helps to add one more drop of reagent.

If it helps for either side of the block……. I cover the value above and below what I’m looking at with my fingers. It makes it easier IMHO to only match one color instead of trying for best of 3.

Nope……. It’s not that one.
Nope……. It’s not that one either.
Meh……. This one is pretty darn close. :ROFLMAO:

7.5 or 7.8 are equally good. No real practical difference. I would have called it 7.5.

I mainly use the Taylor 2000 series comparator. If I am stumped on which pH level, I add the R-0005 Acid Demand Reagent to see the change in color and that helps me define my original reading. This is only valid with use of 2000 series comparator that comes in the K-2006 kit.

Reactions: jtpipkin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.