Chlorine testing color creeps back to pink

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
Hello, been a while but I have had this scenario happen the last few times I have tested.
In doing chlorine test, I add drops until water clears up. Then while I'm getting ready to do CC test I noticed the water (in the speed stir) slowly turns to a slight pink color (over the course of 30 seconds or so).
It takes about 4 more drops total to get the water to stay clear.
When I then do the CC test it stays clear at this point. As in zero CC
For sake of clarity, I initially get 20 drops to clear, then it turns pink. Then I add 2 drops and it turns clear, then slowly turns pink again . I add 2 more drops and it stays clear.
Water is about 63 degrees.
I have just recently noticed this slow change in color after initiallygoing clear.. Up until then once it turned clear it stayed clear.
Another note: (2nd guessing myself)When I run it through Spinlabs machine it says total ch of 13.xx but it also says CC of around 3. I did this test 3 times and it was pretty consistent.
I am not acting on the CC from Spinlabs because the TF100 test showed zero....after my above scenario played out. FWIW TF 100 results are all I EVER base any decions on.

Any thoughts?
Is color changing back simply because I had not completed the test?
One thing that concerns me is the spinlabs testing has never showed any CC before today.

Hello, been a while but I have had this scenario happen the last few times I have tested.
In doing chlorine test, I add drops until water clears up. Then while I'm getting ready to do CC test I noticed the water (in the speed stir) slowly turns to a slight pink color (over the course of 30 seconds or so).
It takes about 4 more drops total to get the water to stay clear.
When I then do the CC test it stays clear at this point. As in zero CC
For sake of clarity, I initially get 20 drops to clear, then it turns pink. Then I add 2 drops and it turns clear, then slowly turns pink again . I add 2 more drops and it stays clear.
Water is about 63 degrees.
I have just recently noticed this slow change in color after initiallygoing clear.. Up until then once it turned clear it stayed clear.
Another note: (2nd guessing myself)When I run it through Spinlabs machine it says total ch of 13.xx but it also says CC of around 3. I did this test 3 times and it was pretty consistent.
I am not acting on the CC from Spinlabs because the TF100 test showed zero....after my above scenario played out. FWIW TF 100 results are all I EVER base any decions on.

Any thoughts?
Is color changing back simply because I had not completed the test?
One thing that concerns me is the spinlabs testing has never showed any CC before today.
Color changing back is normal. Once it goes clear, record the results and move on.

Reactions: Alset2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.