Help Spa Leak Test

QC91

Jul 23, 2017
Concord CA
We have 20,000 Gallon IG plaster with integrated Spa, the Spa is higher than the pool, we noticed after we fill the Spa, the water drains to the level of Return lines in the spa in about 1 Hour, I was thinking of adding dye to the Spa and see if it shows up in the pool, but wanted to get advice before proceeding, I was going to use HTH 61200 Party Potion Water Enhancer for Swimming Pools as Dye is this ok? any help would be appreciated

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
20,000 Gallon IG plaster with integrated Spa
Pentair Clean n Clear Plus 420 sq. ft. Cartridge filter Pentair Whisperflo Energy Efficient, 3/4 H.P. WFE-3
Pentair Master Temp 200,000 BTU Natural heater TF 100 Test Kit

From your pictures it looks like you have the valves closed off to the spa. So that would mean that when the pump gets turned on, the spa will never will up. So, if you were to put your hose in the spa and fill it, leaving the valves closed to the spa, does the water drain down and the level in the pool remain the same? If the level of water in the spa goes down and the level in the pool never rises, then I would suspect a leak in the spa.

Looks like you are past due on a resurface job.

Hi, thank you, everyone, for all the help here, are some more photos we have the spa values to close now and it still goes down the pool does not seem to go up when the spa drains, can you recommend dye we can put in the spa to see if it ends up in the pool?

We are also looking into resurfacing

IMG 20180609 105111 — imgbb.com
IMG 20180609 105113 — imgbb.com
IMG 20180609 105126 — imgbb.com
IMG 20180609 105128 — imgbb.com

If the spa is still going down when you have all of the valves to the spa closed and the water level in the pool is not going up, you have a leak. It could very well be in one of the fittings in your spa but unless you really know what you are doing, it could be hard to find. I would suggest you have a leak detection company come out as they know what to look for.

Your spa and pool finish is in very rough shape from looking at the pictures. You could have some of the marcite finish missing around one of the returns in the spa and that is causing you to lose water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.