HELP! Spa drained in spa mode

Thank you so much, we tried again today, I watched both actuators rotate and the spa did not drain this time and the spa jets were pushing water as supposed to. Maybe one actuator got stuck before? The issue now is the heater won't turn on.....I'm wonder if it's because I didn't update to the iaqualink automation and am running the pump independently??!

I had a new VSP pump installed, it wouldn't work with my old automation the jandy rs-6. The installer added a speed set controller that runs the pump independently. I tried turning the spa on for the first time since installing the new pump, the first try resulted in the spa draining, I believe the valve didn't turn all the way so it drained, I tried again yesterday and both valves turned as they should and the spa was isolated.

I attempted to run the spa in the normal order again yesterday, turned the pump on at 2600 rpm, turned the automation to spa mode, turned the spa heater on via automation. The heater just never turned on.

It's a sta rite 400k gas heater
Sta rite is the same parts as a MasterTemp in a different form factor.

Find the 2 wire firemans switch connection in the heater.

Disconnect the wire and twist the two wires in the heater together and put a wire nut on it.

Check the fuse next to the wire connection.

If the heater lights up then the problem is with your control system or wire.

If the heater does not light up then the problem is in the heater.

What control system do you have?

Pentair_MasterTemp_Firemans_Switch.jpg

Reactions: New pump Guy
Thank you very much! After looking into everything I had a pool tech come out, I'm not sure why but the 20a breaker that the old pump was on also runs the heater too(not sure if that's standard )so when the tech installed the new pump he turned it off because he put a new breaker in for the new pump. The old pump/heater breaker is the red arrow, the new pump breaker is the yellow arrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106-114251.png
    Screenshot_20231106-114251.png
    200 KB · Views: 5
He mentioned that, the problem is I had a GFCI installed right before I had the pump installed and the electrician installed a 40amp GFCI which feeds all of my pool equipment downstream, can't put two gfci in same branch apparently it causes a trip. I know it's not code, but he says everything is protected and safe. Other than it being harder to track down if something trips, what are the downsides to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106-121138.png
    Screenshot_20231106-121138.png
    523 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 40A GFCI is to code if it feeds the subpanel.

Your challenge will be figuring out which device caused a GFCI trip when it happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.