Help (see video / Pics) Pool Builder Can't fix the Spa they built- Jets not working

Feb 14, 2018
Vail/AZ
Hello everyone. Maybe I can get lucky and find someone who can point me in the right direction. My Pool builder has been working for 8 months to try and correct issues with the jets in the spa they built. We have two seats in the spa (opposite sides of the spa) that operate on a dedicated Hayward TriStar VS 950 (Expert Line) SP32950VSP variable-speed pump. each of these seats have two back jets and a jet for each calf muscle. This is a total of 8 jets assigned to this single pump.

One set of back jets has an irregular flow of water that comes out. For approximately 10 seconds those jets will push out a steady flow of water, then the pressure will become weak for a moment and within a few seconds the pressure will rush back to heavy pressure. This pattern continues to repeat. The pump is running at 100% and is primed. So here is the crazy part, only 1 of the four leg jets are operating. (see video
Video Link )

The pool builder recently tried to tell me they fixed the issue. They now have the blower automatically turning on when you turn on this set of seats in the spa. Yes, a with this method all jets are working but the power is excessive. Very excessive. When you slow down the variable-pump (to locate a comfortable pressure), you quickly find different pressure coming from the 8 jets. My opnion is that they are trying to mask the issue by forcing in more air.

I welcome any suggests, thoughts, or questions. I also have available many good pictures of the plumbing install for the spa.

Attachments

• Random1 May29.JPG
    Random1 May29.JPG
    701 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180531_184753.jpg
    20180531_184753.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180531_184143.jpg
    20180531_184143.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180529_165924.jpg
    20180529_165924.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180529_165931.jpg
    20180529_165931.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 13
from your construction photos and your video looks to me that your lower jets are tied together with your back jets. As you stated you have one VS pump. The problem is water itself takes path of least resistance, meaning the water will travel out the upper jets easier than trying to tavel down deeper in the spa water to the lower calf jets. Anytime we run uneven jets or calf and back jets we run individual loops for each bank with separate pumps(booster pump). Same reason as why your air wont come through the lower jets. Hopefully that helps you!!

Reactions: AZPool_
Thanks for the response. So does anyone else have an opinion on this one? I would like to be able to show the Register of Contractors (ROC) that this is the consensus by several experienced pool builders. Otherwise my poll builder turns the blower on and the jets become crazy powerful. I call that "smoke and mirrors".

Thanks again everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.