Help - Sand Dollar SD60 Top Mount Multiport not seating on tank

Tnpool2024

Mar 22, 2024
Nashville
I have a new Pentair SD60 sand filter and multiport valve. I'm unable to get the multiport valve to sit flush to the lip of the tank. There is about 1/4' gap. If I take the o-ring off it sits flush, so I know te stand pipe is in the correct position.. I have applied lube to the o-ring and to the inside of tank. Anyone know what I can do to get this thing on?

I have a new Pentair SD60 sand filter and multiport valve. I'm unable to get the multiport valve to sit flush to the lip of the tank. There is about 1/4' gap. If I take the o-ring off it sits flush, so I know the stand pipe is in the correct position.. I have applied lube to the o-ring and to the inside of tank. Anyone know what I can do to get this thing on?IMG_1143.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1147 (1).jpg
    IMG_1147 (1).jpg
    367 KB · Views: 9
It's a snug fit.

You need a liberal layer of silicone and a lot of downward force. Sometimes gently twisting/rocking seems to help.

Noticed manufacturing date is almost 2.5yrs ago on that one; was that an online purchase?

It's a snug fit.

You need a liberal layer of silicone and a lot of downward force. Sometimes gently twisting/rocking seems to help.

Noticed manufacturing date is almost 2.5yrs ago on that one; was that an online purchase?
Yes, it was an online purchase. I purchase it last year and just now trying to set it up. I put the lube made for orings on the oring and I put coconut oil on the inside of the tank. I'm not sure how much more I should put. What kind of silicone lube do you recommend? I got on a stool above the tank and tried to rock is and push down at the same time. No luck.

What kind of silicone lube do you recommend?
We like Magic Lube. But we also use a fair bit of the pentair OE silicone. Just enough to grease it all the way around on the o-ring. Both lubes are viscous like petroleum jelly, but don't use petroleum on rubber - it breaks it down. You may already know that though.

I got on a stool above the tank and tried to rock is and push down at the same time. No luck.

I've had to get my forearms and elbows involved, but not to the extent you're describing.

The o-ring on yours does look a tiny bit thick, maybe? Could be an photo angle thing. It should just barely extend past the neck.