Help Please

Realize that borates does not change the amount of acid you use. It just makes the rising of the pH due to carbon dioxide dissolution slower. I question whether it will do much for your situation were you are adding high pH water to your pool.

I absolutely understand this. I am thinking of the scenario when I am not here for 3 months in the summer and relying on a pool person that only comes once a week. It would be nice to have the peace of mind that the pH can stay relatively stable for at least most of the week. Currently I am here, and if the pH is 8.0 or above, I add MA to bring it down to 7.6. Another 3 days later I am back to 8.0 again. So if the borates can slow that pH rise from 3 days to 7 days, that is what I am looking for. With an infinity edge, filtering 8 hours a day, I have an uphill battle. I must mention I have lowered my TA to 70. This has also made a difference. So my thinking is to keep the TA 70 and add borates to 50ppm. Between the two I should be able to keep the pH a little more stable.

Your fill water is TA 50. I would not add borates until your TA gets to 60. Borates tends to lock in TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.