Help Please

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Realize that borates does not change the amount of acid you use. It just makes the rising of the pH due to carbon dioxide dissolution slower. I question whether it will do much for your situation were you are adding high pH water to your pool.

Sharkygirl

Gold Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Key West, FL
I absolutely understand this. I am thinking of the scenario when I am not here for 3 months in the summer and relying on a pool person that only comes once a week. It would be nice to have the peace of mind that the pH can stay relatively stable for at least most of the week. Currently I am here, and if the pH is 8.0 or above, I add MA to bring it down to 7.6. Another 3 days later I am back to 8.0 again. So if the borates can slow that pH rise from 3 days to 7 days, that is what I am looking for. With an infinity edge, filtering 8 hours a day, I have an uphill battle. I must mention I have lowered my TA to 70. This has also made a difference. So my thinking is to keep the TA 70 and add borates to 50ppm. Between the two I should be able to keep the pH a little more stable.