Help. Plants vs grass slope ground

Manzana

Aug 28, 2021
Connecticut, USA
Our AGP will be up next year but this is our sloped yard. (2ft) on this side. Other side is flush.
What can I grow here?
We aren’t building a retaining walls because it’s sloped only. I wanted grass there but scared of mowing at an angle so close to a metal pool wall. Are there any flowers that are pool friendly and grow in CT weather?
Thank u

Attachments

• 5A5DA5E9-8B0C-457B-9544-1E92EA461AE3.jpeg
    5A5DA5E9-8B0C-457B-9544-1E92EA461AE3.jpeg
    789.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 38A40E3D-F86C-4061-A473-482E2B196312.jpeg
    38A40E3D-F86C-4061-A473-482E2B196312.jpeg
    810.2 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, the painters canvas is open on this one. Lots of opinions I suppose. If you are going to leave the slope exposed to where water can run over the edge down towards the pool, I might consider an edging material along the top edge for a clean separation, then another edging along the bottom edge of the pool, Then I might fill the slope in between with some nice rock or something low maintenance. In your climate I'm not sure you'll find anything other than annuals you could plant. They might look nice for a few months, but if you get a lot of water run-off in that area you'll want something to protect that side of the pool to prevent water from disturbing the base material (washout).

But let's see what others have to say. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, the painters canvas is open on this one. Lots of opinions I suppose. If you are going to leave the slope exposed to where water can run over the edge down towards the pool, I might consider an edging material along the top edge for a clean separation, then another edging along the bottom edge of the pool, Then I might fill the slope in between with some nice rock or something low maintenance. In your climate I'm not sure you'll find anything other than annuals you could plant. They might look nice for a few months, but if you get a lot of water run-off in that area you'll want something to protect that side of the pool to prevent water from disturbing the base material (washout).

But let's see what others have to say. Thanks for posting.
Thank you so much. I hadn’t considered edging at the top. I will be digging at the bottom to put a French drain away from the pool as well as 4x4 with stakes to keep anything from coming down. Rock sounds possible. Might have to slope it ever so slightly more for those but those are very helpful ideas. Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.