HELP! PENTAIR VS INTELLIFLO Disconnects Randomly via EASYTOUCH PL4/PSL4

guyinsarasota

Aug 15, 2021
bradenton, fl
All-
I have a disconnect issue that occurs randomly with my PENTAIR VARIABLE SPEED INTELLIFLO and PENTAIR EASyTOUCH PL4/PSL4 CONTROL SYSTEM with the ScreenLogic support using app on my iPhone.

My PENTAIR VS INTELLIFLO disconnects and stops running even though it appears on ScreenLogic it is still on. Only remediation is to turn the circuit off in the EASYTOUCH Panel for 30 seconds which seems to reset the connection. Then, the VS INTELLIFLO pump goes into priming mode for a minute and then works fine for 2 weeks or longer. It just depends but it still will randomly disconnect and there are no power outage issues. I keep the VS pump running about 23 hours per day because I am using a Clear Comfort AOP. Everything runs awesome except for these disconnects!

I have noticed multiple issues with the Pentair disconnects. Can anyone please help provide any reasons or solutions on how to stop these ongoing random disconnects?

Guy,

What specific IntelliFlo do you have? About how old is it?

Why not run 24/7 rather than 23 hours a day?

When the pump is being controlled by the automation, the pump's display should say "Display not Active" What does your pump's display say when it is not working correctly?

Keep in mind that you have a 'lite' version of the EasyTouch. This means you can only have 4 total schedules and that includes any egg-timers. I say this because ScreenLogic will let you enter a billion schedules, but only 4 will work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim.
Thanks for your reply!
--IntelliFLO VSF - Part #350305
--I guess I could leave pump on 24/7. I thought it might be better for the pump's longevity not to run 24/7?
--Pump always says Display not Active during automation unless I turn breaker on and off. When lose connection I think it stays on Display Not Active and thus the ScreenLogic app on phone allows me to adjust pump speed yet the pump is not running.
--I really do not use schedules, I turn things on as needed except the pump needs to stay on due to Clear Comfort AOP

Thanks!

Guy,

Some VSF pumps where made with a RS-485 Firmware bug...

Use the pump's display and find out what F/W version you have. If the bad version, Pentair will send someone out to reprogram it.

Let us know what version F/W the pump currently has..

If nothing else you should set up one schedule for the pump.. I suggest Pool for 8 am until 8 am will run the pump 24/7 for now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,
Not sure how to find the firmware of the pump? Can you please advise? I did make an attempt and disconnected the Easy Touch Panel and went into the display menu of pump but was not listed in settings.
Not sure if the the EasyTouch 4 firmware is related but here that is UIC 2.180 UOC 2.190.
Please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks
Yes I read manual and actually did put in service mode, but did not seem to switch over out of No Display so got impatient :)
I am running 3.03-VSF Firmware. I am hoping this firmware has the RS-485 bug. If so, can I update myself or do I need a certified Pentair person to update?

I really appreciate your help and incredible knowledge level on this!

Guy,

I think the latest F/W is 3.05, but your best bet is to call Pentair and see what they say.

You can't load it yourself, they will send a tech, so you have to call them anyway...

It is a known issue, so there should not be much of a problem getting them to update it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Btw, I just confirmed from one of the pentair service reps that the firmware 3.03 and 3.04 are bad revisions so if anyone has those they will experience random disconnects. They need to have Pentair send out one of their authorized firmware partners to do the update, they will not allow any other options for the update :(

Attachments

• 39C36BE0-C82A-43F8-8D04-4BDDCF6E6A2A.jpeg
    39C36BE0-C82A-43F8-8D04-4BDDCF6E6A2A.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.