Help! *** no flow from LQ to pump...

Re: Visual inspection please....

You don't need the valve on the pressure side unless you put it there for disconnecting the unit?

You want to keep the hoses going into the quick connect fittings as straight as possible to avoid leaks - especially important on the suction side. The only place I see a possible concern (hard to tell with the angle of the pic) is on the suction side where the tube from the LQ connects to the valve (on the LQ side of that valve) the connection looks a little tight, almost like the clip-thingie is popping out.

This is an aesthetics comment: it's probably not hurting anything but you could cut out some of the tubing on the pressure side and trim the zip ties ;)

carlscan26 said:
The only place I see a possible concern (hard to tell with the angle of the pic) is on the suction side where the tube from the LQ connects to the valve (on the LQ side of that valve) the connection looks a little tight, almost like the clip-thingie is popping out.

I'll keep an eye on that...it is much more of a gentle loop than the pics shows...but i got my eye on that now...Thanks!

The extra hose is due to my paranoid nature...if i have to make repairs, there will be enough to work with...and the zips are getting clipped ASAP...Thanks again.

Bo

Bama Rambler said:
Aw, don't worry about clipping the ty-rap tails. In never clip mine, I think it adds character! I use different colors too! :)

:-D :-D :-D

One thing i read in the manual was that the flow meter has to be upright...do you think our is leaning forward a little too much?

Thanks Bo

carlscan26 said:
The only place I see a possible concern (hard to tell with the angle of the pic) is on the suction side where the tube from the LQ connects to the valve (on the LQ side of that valve) the connection looks a little tight, almost like the clip-thingie is popping out.

You were dead on...unfortunately...had two leaks, one where you mentioned and the other on the LQ side of the flow meter.

can those quick connects be disconnected? i tried pulling a little on the hose and it seemed like they are in there pretty good...

Bummed...did not get a chance to mess with it last night...will today when i get home from work...

Bo

The quick connects are really easy to disconnect. There's a little ring on the end of them. Just press and hold it against the fitting and the tubing will slip right out. When you're putting it back together be sure the end of the tubing is cut square and clean and press it in all the way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Bama Rambler said:
The quick connects are really easy to disconnect. There's a little ring on the end of them. Just press and hold it against the fitting and the tubing will slip right out. When you're putting it back together be sure the end of the tubing is cut square and clean and press it in all the way.

Thanks Bama...will post results morrow.

Bo

As described in another post...i closed the big ball valve on the skimmer side a little and the flow shot up to 2.5-3...not quite sure i like that as the final solution, so i will try connecting to the skimmer and see what happens...more to come.

Bo

You have the same problem as the poster in the other thread. Your equipment is so close to the pool and your plumbing is so short that you don't have a lot of suction head. That's very good for the pool but bad for the LQ installation.

What you're doing by closing off the block valve a little is artificially creating some suction head that the rest of us have naturally. :)

Bama Rambler said:
You have the same problem as the poster in the other thread. Your equipment is so close to the pool and your plumbing is so short that you don't have a lot of suction head. That's very good for the pool but bad for the LQ installation.

What you're doing by closing off the block valve a little is artificially creating some suction head that the rest of us have naturally. :)

Thanks Bama you have been a lot of help...does that mean that moving the LQ out to the pump basket drain plug will not make any difference?

Or is the suction at that point much stronger than upstream where i have it now (about 1')?

Thanks...Bo

I was in the same situation you are in. My setup is pretty much the same as yours. Short runs from AG skimmer to pump, and not enough suction to get real good flow. I had my skimmer valve closed a little to help the flow, but didn't like that solution for the long term. I then moved mine to the pump basket and it increased the flow by a lot and I was able to open the skimmer valve all the way and I was still able to peg out the flow meter. It is worth a try. I had already drilled and tapped my pipe for the LQ before the pump, so I just moved the LQ outlet to the pump basket drain plug and then used the pump drain plug to seal off the hole in the pipe. You have nothing to lose by trying it and see if it works for you. It did for me.

barnyard said:
I was in the same situation you are in. My setup is pretty much the same as yours. Short runs from AG skimmer to pump, and not enough suction to get real good flow. I had my skimmer valve closed a little to help the flow, but didn't like that solution for the long term. I then moved mine to the pump basket and it increased the flow by a lot and I was able to open the skimmer valve all the way and I was still able to peg out the flow meter. It is worth a try. I had already drilled and tapped my pipe for the LQ before the pump, so I just moved the LQ outlet to the pump basket drain plug and then used the pump drain plug to seal off the hole in the pipe. You have nothing to lose by trying it and see if it works for you. It did for me.

Thanks Barnyard!...That is all i needed to hear...off to lowes i go to find the right fitting for the pump basket...and a plug for the PVC T fitting that the LQ out hose is connected to now.

Bo

barnyard said:
I had already drilled and tapped my pipe for the LQ before the pump, so I just moved the LQ outlet to the pump basket drain plug and then used the pump drain plug to seal off the hole in the pipe. You have nothing to lose by trying it and see if it works for you. It did for me.

Totally missed this comment earlier; if I had I wouldn't have started a thread on patching a hole in
PVC :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.