HELP! New Coleman 18' x 48" Power Steel Swim Vista Series II Swimming Pool Set Install - Legs not straight

TimandCeri

Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2020
Vancouver, Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, All new here this is my first post! I saw another post with the same issue but I do not want to highjack so I am creating a new post. We have spent the last 2 weekends upgrading from a summer escapes 14 x30 frame to the Coleman 18' x 48" Power Steel Swim Vista Series II Swimming Pool Set. We did not focus as much on the install before but as this one is SOOO much bigger we have been taking our time. We measured out the ground, got pavers, even put the frame together without the liner to make sure paver placement was good and level. Yesterday we got the liner on and started to fill but the legs bow. We have about 6 inches of water in and I am concerned that it will get worse? What is the next step we should go to? My husband thinks it is OK and we should keep going, I am wondering if we dig the pavers out, and readjust them? I went with smaller ones so we would not kick our toes on them now I am wondering if we should have gotten bigger ones? Help!

Thank you so much this is a great place and gave me a good starting point. :)

1590514551120.png

1590514667442.png

1590514734816.png

I'm no expert and I definitely can't advise you on this at all but I just installed the exact same pool over the weekend and I'll say that I had the same concerns as you. I went for it and filled it up. Now that it's full, my legs aren't perfectly 90 degrees level, but they straightened out almost all the way.

Can you pull them out? I had to walk around mine as it filled and pull and push the legs a bit. I stuck a level on them to make sure they were plumb, and a few are a little off still. If they are quite a bit off, I'd be afraid of them breaking or bending.

edit: just looked at your pavers, and they don't leave much room to move the legs. I suppose if you need to pull the leg out, you could add a paver behind the one that is there??? Idk, just throwing that out.

Thanks to you both, We have just gone with it and are monitoring as we fill. So not running it overnight. :( We are halfway full and all but one is now on the stones. Worst case we will dig them out and adjust if needed. When you say level, are you talking about the rim (_______) or the post | it's level horizontal all the way around, its the posts that are parallel are not 100% level? most are but there are a couple that are not.... what would be great is if they would put loops on the bottom edge of the pool to help you pull it out and taut. The part were the legs are not straight the bottom edge of the pool liner seam (on the inside) is not up as high as the other parts of the pool like the whole liner is -slightly- off. I now understand the appeal of the context easy set one with the blow-up ring! this is SO much work.

How did it work out for you? We have the same pool, but in the Summer Waves brand. We had to dig up and move 2 or 3 pavers backwards once we had a little water in ours, but they were ones my husband had done, and set them much too far forward. It wasn't hard at all to push the liner forward even after we had 4 inches of water in the pool.

How did it work out for you? We have the same pool, but in the Summer Waves brand. We had to dig up and move 2 or 3 pavers backwards once we had a little water in ours, but they were ones my husband had done, and set them much too far forward. It wasn't hard at all to push the liner forward even after we had 4 inches of water in the pool.
We just went with it. My husband did not want to dig out the posts we were within 1 inch of level water so I let it be. we had made the ground level with the pavers so it was not like they were hanging off...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.