Help Needed

Great job! Your pool looks amazing! I wondered if you had to pick any particular tile type for "non slip" reasons? Or does the large number of grout lines in a 1x1 installation mean that pretty much any tile is non-slip? Do you find it slippery at all stepping down onto the tile to get into the pool?

• Love
Reactions: FloridaLWR
The tile was anti slippery to begin with but as soon as you add water to it it becomes the slipperier thing ever. But after we grouted the tile it is absolutely perfect, no slippery at all. I wouldn't attribute it to the tile but to the grout. We all LOVE the feeling of super smoothness under our feet and not being worried to scratch our bodies!

When you install the grout it becomes pretty much a risk just to step in so you have to be super careful when applying the grout because that grout combined with just the humidity in the air it becomes like oil on the ground (when you end up with grout falling from the sides to the bottom of the pool).

We even tried, in a little section, to not clean the grout to see if it will make it super anti slippery but it is now bothering us because it feels "sandy" under our feet and we are spoiled with how the rest of the floor feels so we will end up sanding very carefully that section off as well (it is just a thin film of epoxy grout on top of the tiles).

The tile a tiny bit smaller than 1x1, it was in fact 0.7" by 0.7".

Great job! Your pool looks amazing! I wondered if you had to pick any particular tile type for "non slip" reasons? Or does the large number of grout lines in a 1x1 installation mean that pretty much any tile is non-slip? Do you find it slippery at all stepping down onto the tile to get into the pool?

The tile was anti slippery to begin with but as soon as you add water to it it becomes the slipperier thing ever. But after we grouted the tile it is absolutely perfect, no slippery at all. I wouldn't attribute it to the tile but to the grout. We all LOVE the feeling of super smoothness under our feet and not being worried to scratch our bodies!

When you install the grout it becomes pretty much a risk just to step in so you have to be super careful when applying the grout because that grout combined with just the humidity in the air it becomes like oil on the ground (when you end up with grout falling from the sides to the bottom of the pool).

We even tried, in a little section, to not clean the grout to see if it will make it super anti slippery but it is now bothering us because it feels "sandy" under our feet and we are spoiled with how the rest of the floor feels so we will end up sanding very carefully that section off as well (it is just a thin film of epoxy grout on top of the tiles).

The tile a tiny bit smaller than 1x1, it was in fact 0.7" by 0.7".
Thanks for that answer! I am considering tiling my sunshelf only since the 3 year old plaster on it is all coming off (a story for another thread!). So I would definitely want the surface to end up not at all slippery.

Reactions: FloridaLWR
Anytime!

I will definitely apply epoxy grout and not clean after (this will leave a super thing grainy film, if you use jewels, on the surface of the tile) You should try on a sample tile before you start the job to see how does it feel, you don't want to spend the money and time for that and then not be happy with the results.

Thanks for that answer! I am considering tiling my sunshelf only since the 3 year old plaster on it is all coming off (a story for another thread!). So I would definitely want the surface to end up not at all slippery.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.