Help Needed

We were told that this pool wasn't conducive to tile and they were right but I like it even with all the "little things" that we made. Remember what we started with so from that (delaminated plaster, crumbling in several places, algae getting in places that we couldn't clean, people getting cuts because of the plaster having SUPER sharp edges, etc.) so this is a 1000 times better for us. We are SUPER critical of the problems we had but we are super proud of the job we did and we can use the pool now!!!!

Another super nice benefit, we found, was that the smoothness of the surface tile with the grout is INCREDIBLE nothing that feels harsh on our feet or that you have to be careful about when you are close to the bottom to get scratches on your knees, etc.

The grout has some shiny thingies in it so when the sun hits them they look beautiful. We love the glow in the dark tiles at night as well.

Thank you everybody for all the help and support from people here on getting us over the hump to have the courage and actually make this happen. Again, I will be posting more pictures, some other day, with what steps we did and how it looked after every step and why we did what we did.

Today we'll be in the pool most of the day and our skin we'll probably look like a raisin by the time we leave the pool! :)

Last edited:
That is a requirement after so much work! we just sit inside the pool and waited until the level of water started to raise enough for us to get a little bit wet then we just left it to keep going on its own :)

Thank you! We worked super hard on this one and it was a lot of work, probably 2 months worth of it, but it was well worth it!

That is absolutely amazing.... I like the two cans of IPA on the deck.
Many gold stars for you! 🥇🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is an insane amount of work that you guys did, and it looks amazing! I'm sure about halfway through it you were wondering why you chose to do it. That's usually how it goes for me when I get into a large project like that.

Love the glow in the dark step marker tiles! Those are so cool!

Glad you got it finished up and are able to enjoy it now. Congrats with finishing that one!

--Jeff

• Love
Reactions: FloridaLWR
Ha ha ha ha ha you made me laugh, yeah, it was like that but we knew that it was a long job to begin with, it took longer because of the weather, etc. but we got it done!

The glow in the dark step markers were made by my wife, we'll see how long they hold on being exposed to water and UV (they are epoxy resin and glow in the dark powder) but so far they look and work great!

That is an insane amount of work that you guys did, and it looks amazing! I'm sure about halfway through it you were wondering why you chose to do it. That's usually how it goes for me when I get into a large project like that.

Love the glow in the dark step marker tiles! Those are so cool!

Glad you got it finished up and are able to enjoy it now. Congrats with finishing that one!

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.