Help needed - Pool pad equipment dry fit - What would you change?

The IntelliChlor cell should be on the other side of the loop and flow up, not down.

Pentair Intellichlor Flow up.png

Reactions: wgipe
W,

Looks pretty...

But... Your SWCG is plumbed backwards.. Flow must be up and not down.. This keeps the flow switch from closing due to gravity.

I'll see what else I can nit-pick.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.
Thanks for the catch! You guys are the best. Yes - I had it correct in my initial layout and then fit it up backwards. Just need to pull that loop off and flip it. Funny thing is I do have dyslexia, so I’ll just blame that. 😂
And nit pick away....easily changed now - not so much later.

W,

I assume you already know this, but equipment pads are wet.. Where is the water going to go when you open the pump lid or remove the filter drain plug???

Thanks,

Jim R.
My solution - we’ll see how it works - was to slope the slab in that area toward the gravel where the suction lines come up. That 4” PVC is tied into a tile that runs 750’ or so to daylight in the woods. My plan is to cut the PVC just above the gravel but below the concrete, so if the ground was unable to absorb the water (would take an awful lot - there’s a lot of gravel under that slab), it would overflow into the 4”. If I vacuum to waste, I’m going to put a short piece of flex line or flat drain tube on that 2” line that I can route into the 4”. I also used PVC baseboard and set the SmartSide wall panels (typically used on the exterior of houses) on top of the PVC and caulked the tar out of it. My hope is that will keep the water out. If it did get back in the wall somehow, they are coated in closed cell foam insulation, which should not mildew or absorb water.

I also thought about putting a valve on the bottom of the filter with a drain line running to that 4”. Not sure if I can rig that up somehow, but the thought crossed my mind.

Now, you know what they say about the best laid plans....so if you have better ideas or see challenges I’ve missed, hit me!

I think the loop you have for the vertical mount SWG is a little larger than you need. I have been running my vertical install IC60 as shown for a year and a half now with no issues.

Gary
I've wondered about that also. I think the manual calls for a straight run before/after, and that's what I did. I'll go back and look at that again.

I've wondered about that also. I think the manual calls for a straight run before/after, and that's what I did. I'll go back and look at that again.

Here’s the note in the manual that I was following. Perhaps I don’t need to do it, but it’s not in the way, so may as well leave it I guess. I do see a lot of them crammed in without the straight run here, though.

Attachments

• AC41CECD-F3E9-48AA-ACFE-609DB5672EC3.jpeg
    AC41CECD-F3E9-48AA-ACFE-609DB5672EC3.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 19

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay - I think I’ve got the SWG the way it should be. If anything else jumps out, p
You'll want your sacrificial anode to point down or horizontally with a downish pitch, otherwise it tends to trap air in there.
Thank you! Easily changed.

I think I've got everything addressed now. Change the orientation of the anode and also swapped the SWG to the other side for proper flow. For some reason the lens on my phone camera distorts things, so things are square and level - I promise. :)

IMG_0200.jpg

I'm jealous of your equipment all nice and neat inside out of the weather. If I was being "nit picky" as my wife calls it, I might would bring the pump closer to the filter maybe a foot or two. Still leave yourself enough room to approach the filter and work around it to get the top off of it. But you could bring the pump over a foot and that would give you clear access to walk around the back and to your electrical panels without having to step over the pump. Again, that's being super anal about it, but just my opinion if your looking to optimize space in there.

Reactions: Newdude
I'm jealous of your equipment all nice and neat inside out of the weather. If I was being "nit picky" as my wife calls it, I might would bring the pump closer to the filter maybe a foot or two. Still leave yourself enough room to approach the filter and work around it to get the top off of it. But you could bring the pump over a foot and that would give you clear access to walk around the back and to your electrical panels without having to step over the pump. Again, that's being super anal about it, but just my opinion if your looking to optimize space in there.

Thanks, Mike! I told my wife she could have her pick of things outside and the pad was mine. :) Now, let's see if it actually works.... I was conflicted on pump placement also. I do have 40 inches of space between the wall and pump so I'm compliant with code clearances for the electrical panels. I ended up going the way I did to allow for use of the spare suction line and still have 10" of straight pipe before the pump. I had them run a spare suction and a spare return and then just cap them off underground just past the foundation just in case we wanted to add something last minute or had an issue with one of the other lines. It does kind of look awful long sitting out there though.

Haha, I don't think anything in those pictures looks "awful". I think it looks quite nice, and any other fellow OCD fan would agree!

I thought for a long time I had OCD, but it turns out I actually have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.