Help! need to choose pool liner for new build!

Nov 8, 2016
Athens, GA
We are building and have about 4 days to make a final decision on a KAFKO liner. I haven't had to make a decision this hard in a long time. This is crazy hard and I normally have no problem making decisions...I do it for a living!!! This is quite an investment for the total project and the color of the water is soooooo important. Can anyone post pictures of pool they have done with any of the following liners from KAFKO?

Capri with FrescoII floor, Marble Inlay with Crystal floor, Chesapeake with Gemstone floor or Vintage Mosaic with Blue Mosaic floor. These are all patterns in the KAFKO 2016 catalog. Pros and cons to your choice would be appreciated too!

I am also considering a pool with no tile border and the following full floor liners: Crystal, Creekstone, Gemstone, Fresco II or Majestic Sky. So if you did a pool with an all floor liner, I would love to see those pics. Please make sure you include the name of the liner if you are able to post pics. I've found some threads that had pics but they didn't identify the pattern name.

Here are my thoughts:

-border=yes.........reason being is that it will be above the water so if the sun fades it some it will not be as noticeable. If you do not have a border the fade will stand out more.

-liner-I really like the the Marble Inlay with Crystal floor. That is just personal opinion so take it for what it is worth.

Good luck and let us know which one you end up picking!

Kim:kim:

Also some thought on colour vs lighting from Divin Dave

This is an excellent point.
If you are planning on color changing lights in the pool, the lighter the color of the liner, the more prominent the pool light color will be.
The darker the color, the less effective the different the colors in the pool light wil be.

I have color changing light and with my medium blue liner, the yellow and red and purple are not really those colors.
Green is sort of green, but not really green... just a shade of sort of bluegreen.

Yellow and purple are different shades of blue and red is so dark its almost black (this is because red light waves to do not travel far in water and with a dark liner, the water will look almost black in the dark except right in front of the light)....until you jump in the water, then all the bubbles created by the splash turn bright red. It's Very cool. Almost wicked.

A regular white light will light up the pool very well no matter the shade or color of the liner.

Thanks ! Good idea on border.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for that thread! I've actually posted on it now and it also had some great pics but only one of patterns I'm seriously considering ward on there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, great information.....yes we are getting the color changing lights so this is helpful! I am narrowing it down pretty much to the marble Inlay or the Capri fresco which are both lighter colors so just trying to see if I can find pictures of real life pools with them now .

We just did the crystal liner and no border. this was the hardest decision of all so I know how you feel . we went back and forth and from the lightest to the darkest and ended up with the crystal . its a very pretty color and sometimes has that pretty soft turquoise look . my husband thought it was a nice tranquil color and we wanted tranquil ! I will try to post some pics of it . its an 18x36 rectangle

Have to pick a liner need pics of my top two choices

Hi,
I have to pick a liner for my inground pool in the next day or so. My contractor told me to pick from the Kafko 2016 catalog. I have about narrowed it down to Marble Inlay Crystal, Capri Fresco II, or Courtstone Natural Grey. Does anyone have any pics of these, especially the first two in a completed pool? I have found some of the Courtstone. Please help quickly!!!!

vera jane, yes please!!!! That was actually one of my first instincts was to go ALL FLOOR CRYSTAL. My contractor though thought it might be too light and others have said to get a border.....I REALLY want to see pics if you can get them on here quick. I fear he's going to want a decision today or tomorrow for mine :eek:...UGHHHHHH

Re: Have to pick a liner need pics of my top two choices

Do a search on here for "vinyl liner pattern roundup project" a lot of us have posted our liner pics.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found your other thread and this was already mentioned....sorry:) good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.