Apr 27, 2019
Morganville, NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Alright, i know the time was going to come sooner or later, but time has now come where I need a new pump. Coming to the end of my slam when opening, the pump is making a very loud grinding noise, and is very warm to the touch - I believe bearings are shot in the unit and theres a lot of friction going in there.

The pump is a hand-me-down from my dads old pool, and is currently only a 1 hp hayward super pump. Filter is a hayward pro sand filter.- model s244T.

The previous pump that was with the pool (dead when we moved in) when i bought the house was a 1.5 hp.

What is a good pump to go with? Pool store gave a price for a Hayward 1.5hp at $750.

This seems high when looking up prices elsewhere, but not sure if models are different from what I see on amazon, or its just markup for poolstore

Good news is, pool water is crystal clear now, so if I need to be off for a day or two to switch over it wouldn't be the absolute deadliest in terms of progress.

Last edited:
Go VS :)

Call inyo pool and give them your pump data and see if the V Green VS motor will connect to your wet end pump.. Greatest thing ever.. If so ask for a rebuilt kit for your pump and get a salt or SCS seal..

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 3
Go VS :)

Call inyo pool and give them your pump data and see if the V Green VS motor will connect to your wet end pump.. Greatest thing ever.. If so ask for a rebuilt kit for your pump and get a salt or SCS seal..

Thanks! I checked into it, but going the less expensive route for now...... Keeping the wet assembly and adding a 1.5 hp upgraded motor and had to get the new drivetrain for it too..... should run really smooth once it all gets hooked up!

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.