Help, my pool is too deep

lilylola

Mar 4, 2019
san antonio
So we are in the build process and they just laid all the rebar down, 3.5-5.6-3.5 rectangular pool. However, there seems to be more 5.6 than anything which I think for being a party pool is too deep for the average person. The slope seems like its starts early on each side and so we are thinking we want to make it a 4.5 pool instead. What is the best way to reduce the depth? cut rebar out and add gravel and then lay rebar back down and tie, then shoot with Gunite? Or shoot with Gunite , then add cement? I just want it done right and have the least amount of possibility for cracks or problems. It is 48 ft long which includes a 7" sun shelf. Thanks

L

Welcome to TFP... A great place to learn all about your new pool build... :shark:

Keep in mind the gunite will be about a foot thick... and the water only goes up to the middle of the water line tile..

3.5 feet deep is the absolute minimum I would go with a play pool.. I personally think that 4' - 6' - 4' is the best option. 3' is way too shallow..

Before you panic, I would talk with your pool builder.

Thanks,

Jim R.

who is building this pool? if you have a PB talk to him or the site supervisor about your concerns. if you are doing a self build speak to the gunite guys about how thick the gunite will be and look at your skimmers. you should have a blueprint if so showing depths and thickness of the shell. give us some more info please

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.