meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have been getting a ton of rain. The pool is closed and it's raining more today.

I have an everbilt submersible pump, but never used it yet. How do I hook it up? can I use it to still a hose into the pool and pump out water or do I need to stick the thing into the pool.

I believe I have something just like this. It's still in the box and sitting in my garage.

Everbilt SBA033BC Submersible Sump Pump 1/3 HP 115 Volts 60 Hertz | eBay

You should have an adapter that you can screw a hose into. Then lower the pump with the hose attached into the pool. You can use the second step if you can get to it. Run the hose to where you want the water to go. Some cities say to the gutter, others say to the sewer.

Then plug in the pump and let it run to lower your water level.

thanks... so I need to submerge the pump. Do they make a pump where I can just stick a hose on one side.... The safety cover is on the fool and I don't really want to remove it, but I guess I can remove it a little...

They do make pumps like that but not for the low cost you spent. Typically they are gas powered pumps and cost many many times what you paid.

You need to get to some open water, preferably 12-18" deep, to use the pump.

Hi - well, after some minor follies, I was able to successfully attach my sump to my hose and drain some water... my thin plastic discharge hose that I was using for my filter, ruptured when connected to the sump, and sprayed all over me in 30 degree weather. FUN...

Anyway - my question - do I need to remove all the water from the skimmer areas. I have two skimmers areas, they are both plugged for the winter. The water got so high and now these skimmers are basically still full of water. The current water level in the pool is still above the skimmer line, so I would need to drain more water and then, figure out a way to get the water out of the skimmer. right now I have empty, capped soda bottles floating in each. I think that is what I was supposed to do in case there is a freeze.

Thank you...

I had my pool fill a couple of times back up to the skimmer and after draining the pool back down I just used a cup to skim the water out of the skimmer. I bought some pool winterizer on amazon and added some more to the skimmer with an empty pool bottle also in there.

So - should I drain more water out of the pool - so it is below the skimmer? I can scoop out the water in the skimmers. that makes sense. can also add some winterizer to the skimmers. good idea.

So - should I drain more water out of the pool - so it is below the skimmer? I can scoop out the water in the skimmers. that makes sense. can also add some winterizer to the skimmers. good idea.

My pool is drained around 10" below the skimmer. Just below the return lines.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.