Help me - uuugh GREEN water, no idea what else to do

Great job on the tests. The CYA is surprisingly low for the way you talked of using trichlor tablets. We round the number up to the next whole 10's so your CYA is 30.

TA is no concern right now.

Lower your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to 12 ppm. Maintain 12 ppm FC as often as you can, not less than 3-4 times per day testing and adding. Brush and vacuum. Let us know how the water looks.

Reactions: Kelmuck
Great job on the tests. The CYA is surprisingly low for the way you talked of using trichlor tablets. We round the number up to the next whole 10's so your CYA is 30.

Lower your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to 12 ppm. Maintain 12 ppm FC as often as you can, not less than 3-4 times per day testing and adding. Brush and vacuum. Let us know how the water looks.
Thank you! I felt like I was conducting a science experiment ha ha. I only got confused one time - not sure what test but it’s the one where it’s blue and you add the drops and count until it turns red. When it turns the shade of almost a bright pink but not quite red - Do I count that as a red or keep going until it’s darker?

And I didn’t put anymore tablets in it until I was able to test it. I added some stabilizer and liquid chlorine and prayed.

The TF-100 test kit isn't available on Amazon......? Its only available at www.tftestkits.net
It is sold on Amazon but they are currently out of stock right now. (I have marked out the name so I’m not advertising for anyone.) But I cancelled it and ordered through trouble free pools instead! I didn’t realize at first that there was a ‘store’ as well as the forum but now I do;) I would rather give my money to someone with superb customer service anyway and will help lead me the correct way! 1628944738975.png

I tested for the cc this morning and it went down to .5. Fc is 6.5. My ph went up tho to 8.4 so I’m gonna so muratic acid and liquid chlorine again to attempt to fix it.

When it turns the shade of almost a bright pink but not quite red - Do I count that as a red or keep going until it’s darker?
That is the TA test. You add drops until the sample turns pink/red. Last drop that creates no change in color (not intensity) is subtracted.

Reactions: Kelmuck

I tested for the cc this morning and it went down to .5. Fc is 6.5. My ph went up tho to 8.4 so I’m gonna so muratic acid and liquid chlorine again to attempt to fix it. But as far as how it looks, it’s the clearest it has ever been!
That is the TA test. You add drops until the sample turns pink/red. Last drop that creates no change in color (not intensity) is subtracted.
thank you for clarifying that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.