Help! Jandy Pool pump turns on, but instantly switches to Spa mode. Will not stay in pool mode.

mmcal

May 2, 2020
CA
I have a Jandy Aquapure RS 1400, with a spa side switch. Right now when the pool program triggers the pool pump to turn on, it turns on, but instantly changes to Spa mode, and then the Spa runs instead of the pool. I can only run the pool mode from Service mode. I've checked the relay switches & they appear to be fine. I disconnected the Spa Switch at the Jandy box, but that didn't work either, the pool still won't run without instantly changing back to Spa mode. What should I try next???

Hi Jim,
Yes, I did try this. I disconnected the spa side switch inside the panel, however it did not fix the problem. The pool still won't stay on, it still switches to run the spa instead. Any other thoughts???

M,

I am not a Jandy guy, but some generic questions..

Does the panel appear to be in the pool mode, but just the valves are in the spa mode?

Or does everything at the panel appear to be in the spa mode.

I have an EasyTouch and when in the pool mode it shows "Pool" and when in the spa mode it shows. "Spa"

If the panel thinks it is in the Pool mode and is just setting your valves to the spa mode, you can just move the little switch on the actuator from the current position to the opposite position.

Thanks,

Jim R.

When the panel is set to Service, it is in pool mode on the panel, and the EasyTouch says it's in Service mode. However, when the panel is set to Auto, it only will go to Spa mode on the panel. On my EasyTouch, it shows 'Spa' is running. When I try to turn off the Spa on the EasyTouch, it will turn off, but will instantly turn back on in Spa mode. The EasyTouch will not allow me to turn on the Pool function, when I press Pool On with the EasyTouch, it changes itself to Spa Mode.

M,

I have ScreenLogic and not a remote. But, if I am in the spa mode and push the spa button to turn it off, it will often turn right back on.. For me anyway if I am in the spa mode and what to turn off the spa and turn on the Pool, I only touch the pool button. Does yours normally work the same?

I suspect that something is telling the system to be in the spa mode.. One thing would be the spa side remote, which you already disconnected.. That leaves the house remote.. I would try to unplug it..

Actually, the first thing I would do is hit the reset button on the main panel.. It is like rebooting your PC, it will not remove any programs or schedules.. It does take a few minutes to come back up, but would be worth a try.

Let's see what Tom has to say about bad remotes... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.