Help! I've spent over 900$ in three weeks and still can't swim!

The pulsing might be caused by low water level.

Try snapping the gauge with your finger a few times. That might move the needle. But there could still be floc lurking. If you have good flow in the skimmer and out the return, just leave it filter.
Tapped it and it just stayed the same...water level is good so I guess it's just working extra hard...lol. My pump has been on for almost 4 weeks non stop. If there is floc still lurking is it going to mess up my filter and sand??..seeing how I just changed out my sand I hope I wouldn't have to do it again.

Tapped it and it just stayed the same...water level is good so I guess it's just working extra hard...lol. My pump has been on for almost 4 weeks non stop. If there is floc still lurking is it going to mess up my filter and sand??..seeing how I just changed out my sand I hope I wouldn't have to do it again.
Can't do anything about it now.

Things should accelerate now that you removed that algae breeding round.

Reactions: amraney
Can't do anything about it now.

Things should accelerate now that you removed that algae breeding round.
That is true. I sure hope it helps speed it up, that thing was so bad...it makes me want to just get a different one. I can't see how I would ever get that thing clean on the inside and it's hard to clean around during every season anyways.

One of the biggest mistakes I made when adopting the BBB method was not taking it easy. This is simple straight forward stuff. I complicated things when I need not had. I would do things like testing FC, adding the amount of chlorine recommended then going right back out and testing it again using up all my DPD reagent doing this over and over again till I would run out then wondering what I was going to do then. It was crazy the way I went about things. After I quit reading between the lines here and simply did what I was told to do my pool amazingly cleared up and I have not had a single algae issue or for that matter any issue with my pool since then. That has been I think round five years ago. It almost takes care of itself. You WILL do this. You WILL get that pool sparkling ! You WILL be able to see the date on a quarter in the deep end when you get there ! Well, maybe not the date, but close. I have confidence in you !

One of the biggest mistakes I made when adopting the BBB method was not taking it easy. This is simple straight forward stuff. I complicated things when I need not had. I would do things like testing FC, adding the amount of chlorine recommended then going right back out and testing it again using up all my DPD reagent doing this over and over again till I would run out then wondering what I was going to do then. It was crazy the way I went about things. After I quit reading between the lines here and simply did what I was told to do my pool amazingly cleared up and I have not had a single algae issue or for that matter any issue with my pool since then. That has been I think round five years ago. It almost takes care of itself. You WILL do this. You WILL get that pool sparkling ! You WILL be able to see the date on a quarter in the deep end when you get there ! Well, maybe not the date, but close. I have confidence in you !
Thank you! Wow!! That's amazing....i know this can work and everyone has been so helpful on here! I have ordered more powder too, don't want to run out. To me it's easier then the whole pool store thing. People I work with say its green because I'm not going to the pool store. But I know I'll be swimming in a clear pool soon and for a lot less money in the long run.

Am I testing the FC right? This morning I tested and while I was counting my drops out I got a phone call so I couldn't remember if it was 23 or 25, but knew it was somewhere around that so I thought I'd just retest and then it showed 32?? It was out of the same water sample cup I collected also. And I was looking at my instructions with the FAS/DPD test and it says to multiply x 0.5 and then says (14 x 0.05= 7ppm) I'm not that bad at math but now I'm confussed and feel really stupid. But which one because that's a big difference. I'm using the 10ml with I scoop powder. I'll try and attach pic of instructions. I thought it was just a type-o at first. But now with my readings being that far apart I'm not so sure.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am NO expert but I do not test CH on my vinyl liner pool. from what I read, no need. I am too lazy to use a speedstir...Get my point..
High CH can still cause scale, even in a vinyl pool. It's only low CH that can be disregarded in vinyl. And a speedstir ought to appeal to a lazy man. Save the effort of swirling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.