Help! I've spent over 900$ in three weeks and still can't swim!

Air in the system (depending on how much) can be quite noisy and it REALLY deteriorates your pump performance. A circulatory system that pumps water and not air is the way your pool is designed for maximum efficiency,

Reactions: amraney
Air in the system (depending on how much) can be quite noisy and it REALLY deteriorates your pump performance. A circulatory system that pumps water and not air is the way your pool is designed for maximum efficiency,
Thank you! I'm still trying to find where it could be coming from. I noticed it after I had the pool guy change my sand. I turned the air release valve and that didn't help. So maybe air is coming in at more then one place.

I think I might be done with my SLAM. My water is clear, i passed the overnight FC loss test but I tested my CC and it is 2. I went ahead and just tested all my numbers to share.
With my FAS/DPD test my FC = 9.5
All other reading are from my other test kit
FC=5
TC=3
CC=2
PH=7.4
TA=110
CYA=35
So what do I need to do now? I've not added anything since Saturday night and have still been letting my pump run 247.

A CC of 2 is not good. I assume no pool store potions, non chlorine shock, etc has been used? Has the CC tested at the level in the past? Normally that high of CC would have the pool water stinking pretty badly of chlorine.

I think I might be done with my SLAM. My water is clear, i passed the overnight FC loss test but I tested my CC and it is 2. I went ahead and just tested all my numbers to share.
With my FAS/DPD test my FC = 9.5
All other reading are from my other test kit
FC=5
TC=3
CC=2
PH=7.4
TA=110
CYA=35
So what do I need to do now? I've not added anything since Saturday night and have still been letting my pump run 247.
I suspect the CC isn't really CC but interference from Potassium Monopersulfate aka "non-chlorine shock."
Since you spent $900 at the pool store before you found us, the odds of them not foisting MPS off on you is pretty slim.

A CC of 2 is not good. I assume no pool store potions, non chlorine shock, etc has been used? Has the CC tested at the level in the past? Normally that high of CC would have the pool water stinking pretty badly of chlorine.
I can't remember for sure if has or hasn't been that level before. But just 10% bleach and then I did the D.E. Saturday. That's all I have added since I started on here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just re-read your post -- do the CC with the FAS-DPD kit. It sounded like you did not do the CC with that kit.

It doesn't smell bad of chlorine at the pool. But I did add water to the pool yesterday and sometimes our tap water has a really bad chlorine smell inside our house...like bad enough our eyes will burn. I normally call them and they come flush the line. And I did notice it was that way yesterday. Could that be a reason it's that level?

Doubtful, you only added a very small amount versus the pool volume.

I suspect the test as you did not do it with the FAS-DPD.

Doubtful, you only added a very small amount versus the pool volume.

I suspect the test as you did not do it with the FAS-DPD.
That was it...it was 0 with the FAS-DPD test kit. I had actually forgot you could test with that kit because I've been doing the FC for so long and multiple times a day. Thanks for your help, and sorry!
So now I just let my FC drop down to swim levels and then just test like normal?

Reactions: IceShadow
Yep, test daily, when you get to the bottom of the recommended range you add liquid chlorine to get to top of the range. When you get a feel for the chlorine loss per day and how much you add to counter it, you start cutting back on your testing so that it’s not daily anymore. :)

Yep, test daily, when you get to the bottom of the recommended range you add liquid chlorine to get to top of the range. When you get a feel for the chlorine loss per day and how much you add to counter it, you start cutting back on your testing so that it’s not daily anymore. :)
I look forward to not having to test everyday. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.