Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi pool experts,

First time dosing chemicals so I want to make sure I don’t screw up anything.

Using Taylor test kit, here are my readings:

FC: 1.4 (Have increased salt production on Hayward Aquarite today from 21 to 50%) and will test again in few days. It was a new install and pool guy advised to start at 21 but seemed too low
CC: 0
PH: Between 7.8 to 8.0
TA: 110
CH: 180
CYA: 40
Salt: 3700

Based on these numbers, should I reduce PH? Also I’m trying to raise the CYA level by adding the HTH stabilizer. I have attached the instructions.

Since my pool is around 50,000L, I know I need to add 250gx5=1250g of stabilizer - what is that equivalent in cups? I only have the measuring cups from the kitchen- not sure how to measure in grams.

Also I know I need to put stabilizer using sock method but on instructions it says “do not apply chlorine for 24hrs”. Does this mean I cannot run the SWG while the sock is in the pool? See attached picture.

Thanks for your input and my newbie questions.

Attachments

• ADFFBFC1-F62C-40DE-BC8F-3B5ABCB82A1F.jpeg
    ADFFBFC1-F62C-40DE-BC8F-3B5ABCB82A1F.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 4
Woo, those are some horrible instructions. Well, we can help. First, don't wait for the SWG to kick-up that FC level, Feel free to add some liquid chlorine or regular bleach to increase the FC right away. I'd get the FC up to about 5 ppm as soon as possible. Increasing the CYA to about 70 is a good move. You can do that now (sock method) and don't have to wait to add chlorine. Yes, lower the pH to about 7.6-7.8.

50,000 liters is about 13,200 gallons. Increasing the CYA by 30 ppm requires about 53 ounces of stabilizer. Converted that's about 1.5 liters.

I only have the measuring cups from the kitchen- not sure how to measure in grams.
A kitchen scale works well for this. I believe PoolMath doesn’t list volume (cups or mL) for dry chemicals as they can come in different size pellets so the density can vary from brand to brand. Weight is therefore the best option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.