CPM10V

Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m in the process of renovating my late 70s pool & was curious if anyone knew what sort of coating the previous owner applied. It looks like paint applied directly to pool shell that is falling off, but someone else thought it was coated with fiberglass & now chipping out. Below is pic of chipped area on top stair & other is of where step meets wall.

Thank you all for confirming my paint suspicions. Seems like painting is a “flipper” tactic, cheap? Was supposed to be recently done, doesn’t seem to last long. What can eventually happen as more & more of this paint wears away? I need to have the interior refinished but can’t afford to until likely next year due to so many other home repairs.

Just more clean up for you.....so long as it is holding water you are okay to keep it going like it is. That will allow you to save up your pennies until you can get a proper chip out and new plaster job. IF you start calling around for pricing make sure they know it will be a FULL chip out. Some times you can get a partial chip out around the lights, returns, skimmers, and such. You will need a full chip out due to the "flipper" job aka paint.

Reactions: CPM10V
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.