Help! First time with a green pool!

Jun 13, 2015
Clinton, Utah
I left my pool in the hands of the caretaker who watched our animals while we were gone on vacation, and I came back to a green pool![emoji24]
These are my numbers:
70cc6cd16640909f63cbe58042446f07.png

My guess is that she isn’t telling me the truth about putting chlorine in my pool daily like she was instructed, but she says she did...what else could cause it if it was getting enough chlorine everyday?

*Also- I’m not 100% sure if my CYA reading is still at 60. I’m out of CYA Reagent. Can I pick this up somewhere locally or do I need to order it?

I’ve never performed a SLAM before....the app says to get the chlorine levels to 24. Should I add the other things that needed to be added as well, like the acid to bring down the PH or should I wait?

5000 gallon Coleman 16’x48”
Intex Sand pump
Manually chlorinated with household bleach

Okay! I just found an article on TFP, so I just added acid and swept the pool. Should I vacuum before I SLAM or does it matter if I do it during?

Am I right in thinking she wasn’t adding bleach? What else causes algae besides lack of sanitizer?

5000 gallon Coleman 16’x48”
Intex Sand pump
Manually chlorinated with household bleach

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.