Pool is blue but cloudy! It’s been over a week and more than 20 gallons of bleach. Still in slam process but not clearing what am I doing wrong?
Replenish slam level as often as you can - 3-4 times a day is best or more often if you can to get a leg up on algae faster than it proliferates.
This is hard to do during the work week but 1 or 2 doses before work & 2 after/ before bed will make a huge difference.
I see where you added stabilizer (15ppm worth) but never checked cya again
45ppm counts as 50 for chlorination purposes & slam level fc is 20ppm but it looks like you’re only maintaining 12ppm a couple times a day. In between fc is dropping pretty low.
FC/CYA Levels
Did you remove & scrub any steps (inside & out)? This is very important! They are often the epicenter.

Have you tried adding de to the filter to help catch the finer stuff? Be sure you’ll be around to watch the psi. Maybe do it right after work then backwash before bed.

Replenish slam level as often as you can - 3-4 times a day is best or more often if you can to get a leg up on algae faster than it proliferates.
This is hard to do during the work week but 1 or 2 doses before work & 2 after/ before bed will make a huge difference.
I see where you added stabilizer (15ppm worth) but never checked cya again
45ppm counts as 50 for chlorination purposes & slam level fc is 20ppm but it looks like you’re only maintaining 12ppm a couple times a day. In between fc is dropping pretty low.
FC/CYA Levels
Did you remove & scrub any steps (inside & out)? This is very important! They are often the epicenter.

Have you tried adding de to the filter to help catch the finer stuff? Be sure you’ll be around to watch the psi. Maybe do it right after work then backwash before bed.
Slam says 12 on mine. I added stabilizer and it stayed near the same. I am not home
Often enough to add chemicals. I’ll try and do better

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.