Help! cloudy pool

Calcium carbonate scale can increase the calcium and alkalinity if it dissolves. They will increase by the same amount.

If you add enough calcium carbonate to raise the calcium hardness by 10 ppm, the TA will also increase by 10 ppm.

However, it seems unlikely that you have enough scale to raise the calcium and alkalinity by a significant amount.

The 2006 test kit has a base demand test.

Do the pH test followed by the base demand test to see how many drops of base demand it takes to raise the pH to 7.5.

Also, do the TA test and use the base demand reagent drop by drop to see how many drops it takes to change the sample from pink to green.

Ok did the test on the fill water. It took 45 drops of base demand to get ph to 7 and 2 drops of base demand to turn ta to green

I would wonder if the pH has always been so low or if there's a reason that it recently went low.

Maybe take a sample to a water treatment company to see if they have any recommendations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
im not a pro by any means, nor did i even use the SLAM method in particular, but i just kept dumping liquid chlorine as i deemed fit into the pool , at first it was on re circulation but when it became cloudy i put the pump to filter and kept it running, backwashed as needed. and kept vaccuming to waste, then brushing the walls often and adding chlorine while pump running. eventually i could see the bottom and kept vaccuming as needed. didnt even use floc or clarifier.

im not a pro by any means, nor did i even use the SLAM method in particular, but i just kept dumping liquid chlorine as i deemed fit into the pool , at first it was on re circulation but when it became cloudy i put the pump to filter and kept it running, backwashed as needed. and kept vaccuming to waste, then brushing the walls often and adding chlorine while pump running. eventually i could see the bottom and kept vaccuming as needed. didnt even use floc or clarifier.
Yeah I slammed for 20 something days. Now I'm just maintaining about 10 fc. It's clearing but at the slowest rate I've ever seen. Can almost see bottom in shallow end. The clarified I ordered said it wouldn't be here til Thursday. Gonna see what it looks like then.

How long did it take to clear?
for me it took from opening (after 2 years of non use) to clear june 16th to july 2nd. Lol literally just kept liquid chlorine, vaccum to waste, brush walls, keep pump on and backwash when needed. pump on for maybe 12-14 hours and last set of days i just didnt even turn it on. ironically those were the days i noticed the clarity because the water was still

Tammy, having read this forum fairly regularly for the last 6 years or so, this is one of the more mysterious situations I can recall! Not unprecedented, but very very rare. You seem to be doing all the right things and getting all the right advice. Keep at it.

for me it took from opening (after 2 years of non use) to clear june 16th to july 2nd. Lol literally just kept liquid chlorine, vaccum to waste, brush walls, keep pump on and backwash when needed. pump on for maybe 12-14 hours and last set of days i just didnt even turn it on. ironically those were the days i noticed the clarity because the water was still
I've been working on this one since about June 15th. Haven't even cut filter off yet. Hate to see power bill.

Bad thing is I'm working so hard to clear this water and probably need a new liner by next season. But couldn't afford everything the same year. Already this year replaced filter and pump, automatic vacumn,and fixing to go get a new booster pump.old one running rough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.