Help choosing pebblesheen color in Las Vegas

JenniferMarie90

Feb 16, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi all, I am a new pool owner and I’m very excited but these choices are all very hard to make! Our pool is 3.5 feet in the shallow end (with a sun shelf) and 5.5 feet in the deep end. The pool is south facing so full sun all day every day. I am hoping to get some passive heat retention from the pebblesheen color while avoiding it being creepy murky. I am looking at French grey, blue granite, and blue surf/smurf. Bordeaux is also enticing. I have some pics of the rendering and of our tile choices if that helps. The water line tile is the large 24x12 tile and the pretty accent is going on the upper 6 inches of the waterfall wall only. I appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• 691D9611-1941-47E3-A840-CC94A1A8FE56.jpeg
    691D9611-1941-47E3-A840-CC94A1A8FE56.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 7C3CFAED-4FED-4122-9C1C-3CDBCC1A98B4.jpeg
    7C3CFAED-4FED-4122-9C1C-3CDBCC1A98B4.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: TexasRain
Is that glass from the North Seas collection? I have it in Icelandic. Those are gorgeous tiles.
The Bordeaux would actually look good with that. Definitely not one that's used often. I think Blue Surf is too intense for your tiles. French grey would look good too. Don't know about the other one.

Thank you so much for saying that! I had the hardest time picking tiles so I’m so flattered. I’m not sure of the collection I’ll have to ask. Are you happy with your tiles?

you may be right about blue surf, I hadn’t thought of it being intense but now that you say it. I did read that things tend to go gray after some years, so I am worried about starting grey with French grey and getting more grey over time.

As you select tile, remember, that here in the desert SW, you will get evaporative scale at the water line and any splash zones around spillover spas. You can minimize it by using softened water for fill water to the pool and managing CSI with rigorous pool water chemistry control

As you select tile, remember, that here in the desert SW, you will get evaporative scale at the water line and any splash zones around spillover spas. You can minimize it by using softened water for fill water to the pool and managing CSI with rigorous pool water chemistry control

Thank you! Our pool builder suggested going with a light color because of that. We do have a water softener and the pool is set to be a salt water pool, hopefully that will help? I am VERY new to this whole process.

Just be sure they connect your auto fill to the water softener. You would fill the pool with non-softened water. But then use softened water for evaporation loss.
SWCG is great. But does not help the potential calcium build up.

Hi all, I posted a week or so ago and I'm still trying to pick a darn pebblesheen color. I did finally see French Grey in person today and wasn't sure I like how grey the shallow areas look. I'm now considering Aqua Blue. My questions are, do pebble products really fade a lot over time? Or go grey? I've seen that mentioned so I'm wondering is it better to start more blue and it fades over time, or better to go grey? I am hoping for some passive heating with French grey or Aqua blue, I know they aren't super dark but seem "medium".

Any input is great! I posted my tiles before not sure if that was helpful. My pool is a modern rectangle 14x27 with a shallow end of 3/5 ft and deep end of 5.5.

Have you visited the SCP Distributor showroom? I believe there is a location off Cheyenne. I do not have any experience in longevity for the selected color fading or not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you visited the SCP Distributor showroom? I believe there is a location off Cheyenne. I do not have any experience in longevity for the selected color fading or not.
I did visit Adam’s pool solutions today they had a few pools with the pebblesheen product. The sales person said color will not provide passive heating but I find that sort of hard to believe...

I see many others having the same issue as myself!

Great. To me, once above 88-90F, it is bath water. With a dark plaster color you will get to 95-100F. Also will have massive evaporation.

Cover the pool in the shoulder seasons. Then it will stay warm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.