Help-Amazon Deal- new pool owner what else should I buy

Mar 13, 2017
Houston/TX
Hi, I’ve been lurking/researching pools on this site a couple years. Amazon has a deal of the day on all Intex, the Intex 24x12 for $637 (Amazon.com : Intex 24ft X 12ft X 52in Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover : Gateway ) so I grabbed it. I’d like to pick up the better filter/pump that have been recommended before while on sale and I think there was a skimmer recommended also? Could someone send me an Amazon link to recommend which model salt water pump and filter/skimmer/etc I should pick to go with this pool ? I had a bunch of items saved but they are all old listings and I’m not sure if it’s still correct. Never had a pool of any kind so all new. I’m in South Houston Tx so will be leaving up. I know about the pavers and foam underneath for set up just don’t remember which mechanical items were recommended. Thanks!

Congrats on a great score!
You can start adding your new pool & equipment to your signature!
Hi, I’ve been lurking/researching pools on this site a couple years. Amazon has a deal of the day on all Intex, the Intex 24x12 for $637 (Amazon.com : Intex 24ft X 12ft X 52in Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover : Gateway ) so I grabbed it. I’d like to pick up the better filter/pump that have been recommended before while on sale and I think there was a skimmer recommended also? Could someone send me an Amazon link to recommend which model salt water pump and filter/skimmer/etc I should pick to go with this pool ? I had a bunch of items saved but they are all old listings and I’m not sure if it’s still correct. Never had a pool of any kind so all new. I’m in South Houston Tx so will be leaving up. I know about the pavers and foam underneath for set up just don’t remember which mechanical items were recommended. Thanks!
The lowest price wall skimmer you can find will be fine :)
If it's in the budget, getting a SWCG (salt water generator) that is rated for 2x your pool gallons will extend it's lifespan
The bigger a sand filter you can find, the better :) (on a quick scan, the details don't say how big the included sand filter is)

I would use this skimmer:
Amazon.com : Hayward SP10841OM Auto-Skim In-Ground Pool Skimmer, Square : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Garden & Outdoor
It's Hayward SP10841OM. The advantage is the cover collar is adjustable, so water doesn't spill out when you overfill the pool. Mount the skimmer as high as possible, with the top bolts just below the stitching. If you search you'll find examples of how others have mounted the skimmer. The higher the better.
I would use the filter that came with the pool.
I would use the pump until it dies and then replace it with this:
Amazon.com : Harris H1572729 ProForce 1 HP Above Ground Pool Pump 115V : Garden & Outdoor
You'll have to buy adapters that will transition the hose to fit the Intex filter.
My 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.