Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello everyone!

I have been a silent member since 2018 – This is my very first post. As of 2018 the idea of building a pool was not popular in my household – essentially my wife did not want it. So, I spent my time dreaming about it and silently enjoying all the build posts and other information on this site. Kudos to this site -really appreciate the sharing. I eventually got familiar with Structural Studios and have been playing with pool designs like a little kid. Anyway, fast forward to now, not sure between COVID pandemic, lock down, stay at home etc and my throwing in that “life is short; ‘vacation at home’, ‘bring the resort to you’ blah blah blah, my wife is now on board – so it’s a go. Never owned or built a pool before so excited about it all.

I’ve posted my latest sketch - attached

Update: Pool build just began - nothing close to what I posted before

New Specs:
Size: 36 x 16 rectangular
Depth: 3.5 - 6 ft
7 x7 raised spa (half in pool )

Pool is more like a L-shaped lap pool –

Dimensions: 17’6”x46’x36’,

Depth: 4’ – 5’8”

Swim-up bar (4 stools)

Sunken patio area with bar center, lounge seat walls, TV mount wall (under smaller patio cover)

Large patio cover (existing – will keep)

Hot-tub (to purchase later – but sunken location would be part of the build)

Still deliberating between vinyl and gunite. Just starting to look for pool builders. Would appreciate recommendations in my area.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Love me some L shaped pools! Best of both worlds-play and swim.

The bar stools=gunite pool. I really don't think they can be done in a vinyl pool. No way to attach them.

Can you share where this work of art is going so we can see what kind of yard/area you are working with?

Kim:kim: