Hello from Panama

Torrente

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Panama City, Panama
Hello, first of all thank you for all the knowledge shared in this forum.
My pool was built 6 years ago. I had many problems with the maintenance and with the technical design, I had many water problems and I had to replace much equipment, it is clear that I made a big mistake with the pool constructor. Apart from that, after studying recently more about of pool chemistry, I notice that I neglected some chemistry controls.
Recently I made a significant overhaul of the equipment room and installed Intelliflow pumps and Easytouch system, after this investment and with the renewed motivation I expect to take control of my pool.
Here in Panama we are lucky to be able to use the pool all the year around as we have temperatures of min 78F and max 90F almost every day, the only difference is that during mid-December to April we are in dry season with almost no rain and from May to mid-December with wet season with much rain. During the wet season maintaining a salt pool is a challenge as every month we get rainwater into the pool approximately equivalent to 0.5-1 times total pool volume.

c,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your "Why is there an oil tanker in my pool? questions?" :shark:

Thanks for the Intro... Sounds like a great equipment upgrade to me..

Now all you need to do is slide over to one of our subject-orientated sub-forums and start asking your questions.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have not told that I have coming a ColorQ 7 Pro test kit for the person that helps us with the garden and the pool (looking for a simple to operate daily test) and a Taylor K-2006C + TF-100 Salt Test for me to use not daily for precise test.

Here at TFP, we don't normally use the ColorQ 7 Pro test kit, but I can say that the Taylor K-2006C and TF-100 test kits are good. You do not need both, only one of those kits. But they do not test for salt. To test for salt, you would need something like this: K-1766 Taylor Salt Test.

I hope that helps.

c,
Thanks for the Intro... Sounds like a great equipment upgrade to me..
I upgraded to the VS pumps and Easytouch system, also I changed all regular PVC valves (I had to change like 12 non working valves in 6 years) to Pentair diverter valves; but the biggest upgrade was with the equipment room itself, going from a "hole" with a cover without any ventilation and extremely high temperature and that gets a lot water into to a proper underground room with good ventilation. I needed 2 weeks of constructor work to make the new room, I really can not blame enough the bad work from original constructor and how I did not noticed it.

Here at TFP, we don't normally use the ColorQ 7 Pro test kit, but I can say that the Taylor K-2006C and TF-100 test kits are good. You do not need both, only one of those kits. But they do not test for salt. To test for salt, you would need something like this: K-1766 Taylor Salt Test.
My idea of the ColorQ is based in the person that I would like to do it daily, the person that helps us with the garden and pool is someone without any kind of instruction and I want (without any disrespect) a "no brain" test, for the salt test he will use the HM Digital TDS-4 that I have I been using as a proxy for salt.
I will be using the Taylor kits not on a daily basis (probably during the first weeks will be daily anyway)