Hello from OKC

Beav626

Mar 30, 2021
OKC
Greetings! As some, The Pandemic and low interest rates awarded us with a new pool in the Back yard.

Ive never had a pool so this is new to me.

We found a builder that we liked and he did a great job. Pentair Screenlogic control panel, Variable Speed pump, Cartridge Filter, Salt Water Chlorinator.

16k Gallon plaster Free Form with a Spa, Spillway and Bubblers on Sun Ledge. LED Lights

I have three Electric Valves, Spa, Spillway, Bubblers.

My Startup guy has been less than stellar. he set up the equipment and valves and poured some chemicals and told me to Brush. He has not been responsive especially when I see stripes in the plaster. It has been 4 weeks since water Fill and Im working with the Poiol Builder to fix the strips in the Dark plaster.

Im probably going to find a new Chemical guy.

Haha, welcome to TFP. Look in the mirror, that's the best pool guy/gal you could ever have. All the support you need is here. This page is a good start... ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. And you'd need a good test kit. One of these... Test Kits Compared.

Greetings! As some, The Pandemic and low interest rates awarded us with a new pool in the Back yard.

Ive never had a pool so this is new to me.

We found a builder that we liked and he did a great job. Pentair Screenlogic control panel, Variable Speed pump, Cartridge Filter, Salt Water Chlorinator.

16k Gallon plaster Free Form with a Spa, Spillway and Bubblers on Sun Ledge. LED Lights

I have three Electric Valves, Spa, Spillway, Bubblers.

My Startup guy has been less than stellar. he set up the equipment and valves and poured some chemicals and told me to Brush. He has not been responsive especially when I see stripes in the plaster. It has been 4 weeks since water Fill and Im working with the Poiol Builder to fix the strips in the Dark plaster.

Im probably going to find a new Chemical guy.
Forget the "new chemical guy".... you will thank us all later.

Spend a few hours reading up on pool school, get a good test kit and maintain the pool yourself. A properly maintained pool takes very little work and is not time consuming. What IS a lot of work and takes a LOT of time is when you let "the new chem guy" manage (and I use that term loosely!) your pool and an issue arises. Said "guy" will throw magic potions your way (and charge you extra of course) and make a bad deal much worse.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new pool!

Welcome to TFP :)

You found us at the perfect time, before that guy messed up your pool even worse...

Darker plasters can have streaks and splotches, PLEASE do not let them do an ACID wash to try and fix it... An acid wash will take YEARS off your brand new plaster and will not be very much change..

Can you get some pictures and post them :)

Im probably going to find a new Chemical guy
Find yourself as the pool guy. Your labor is free and nobody will protect your beautiful investment like yourself.

And Welcome to TFP !!! We’ll guide you the rest of the way.