Hello from Odessa MO

Welcome back and congrats on the new pool! :wave: Make sure to visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page, and read/save those vital links below in my signature. Let us know if you have any questions. :swim:
Thanks! here is a picture of the set-up as I'm still trying to wrap up some finishing touches.
My TF-100 kit came last night and below are my results:
Free chlorine 8.5
No combined chlorine
Calcium 200 ppm
Total Alkalinity 130
CYA 50
PH 7.2

The water is still pretty cloudy, I added some chlorine to it this morning and hopefully it'll clear up in the next day or so....
pool.jpeg

Ooooohhh. I like that set-up and the extra building there. Pool equipment or changing area maybe? Outdoor bar, very nice. Yeah, I would watch the water for the next day or two with your TF-100. It may be just need day or two to bounce back and filter some more. If it doesn't clear-up, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if algae is consuming any additional chlorine. Since you have a SWG pool, we like to see the CYA at 70 minimum, but wait for now in case you have to SLAM Process later. If the water clears-up and/or you pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, then you have a green light to increase the CYA just a little more.

Thanks! its been a long winter and spring to get there! Yeah, the building has a bathroom/changing room, outdoor shower (still working on the enclosure) and a storage area for all the maintenance and winterizing. Pool equipment is outside on the side of the building. I designed and built it all myself and am ready to relax!

I'll watch it for a few days and do the OCLT.
I have not added the salt or tuned on the SWG as of yet, but with the test results is it safe to do that now?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Texas Splash
I have not added the salt or tuned on the SWG as of yet, but with the test results is it safe to do that now?
I see. You can add the salt, but don't turn-on the SWG until the salt has had a chance to dissolve and mix. I'd give it about 24 hrs. You can use your salt strips or K-1766 drop test to confirm salt levels as well. Also remember that if your water temp is still chilly (at/below 60) the SWG may not function properly. If you do perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test later, the SWG will need to be off during that testing period.

Reactions: Bcurtin24