Hello from nola

Hi Bonze82,

We are practically neighbors as I live in Mandeville. Listen to these guys and gals and follow their advice. I have been a member for just over 5 years and I have yet to slam my pool. You will not get anywhere without a good test kit. Also get the speedstir and the round steel cylinder that makes measuring the water super easy because you will be testing a LOT until you get your water clear. Do not waste your money on electronic testing devices. They require calibration and give unreliable results plus require frequent recalibration. If you have the money I recommend a catridge filter that is way oversized for your pool volume so you will not have to clean as often. If not sand works fine but will take longer to clear. I love cartrdge filters because you dont have to backwash but it can be a pain if you have algae because it will will require frequent cleaning. I would not know because I have never had algae thank goodness. Anyway, follow the advice here and you will not regret it. You will get the hang of it soon enough and be on your way to a pool that is little work and all play.

Hey computerguy, ironically I'm also a computer guy here on the northshore...with clients in mandeville/covington I hope I didn't take them from you inadvertently (pre katrina). Anyway I'm gonna leave the pool to the idiot that granny hired as it has caused quite a few arguments already and when he has it so badly damaged that the water/plaster must be replaced she can fork over the money again for his inability to treat the pool water for the repairs. As yall have said before the pool place might not be calibrated however there ta and ch are drop tests with reagents...not digital can they be trusted, lamotte reagents.