Hello from Muncie, Indiana

roddi

Mar 17, 2021
Muncie, IN
My husband and I inherited a pool when we bought our house last July, 2020. It is a 18ft above ground. I'm not complaining because I always wanted one. My husband could care less, so guess who is taking care of it? Totally new to the pool world. The local pool store seemed to be no help. I was always fighting cloudy water or algae. I even put in a new liner thinking that would help. It was just me being green (no pun intended) to the pool world. I used a Bioguard closing kit for the winter. I'm anxious to see how it is when we uncover it in a couple weeks. I've been looking for pool forums that does not have an incentive link for specific products. I just want straight honest answers. I think this board will help with what I need. I had planned to spend the extra money on Bioguard products because I thought maybe they were the best, however, reading on here may save me a little money. Thanks for letting me be a part of your pool world!

. I've been looking for pool forums that does not have an incentive link for specific products
You have found the right place where all we get is the feels from helping another enthusiast. So Welcome !!

We do have one small requirement though. In order to maintain your own water you will need reliable testing that’s not only accurate, but repeatable. See Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool

A lot of us just go straight for the TF-100 from tftestkits.net. The speed stir is an amazing add on that does most of the work for you so you can concentrate on getting nice drops and counting. I can easily hop on one foot while patting my head and rubbing my belly, but I would so much rather watch you do it while I count how many. Especially when I’d be doing it daily and for only $30.