Hello from Leander, Central Texas

mww

Mar 27, 2017
Leander, Tx
Hello,

I'm new to pool maintenance, we had ours built last summer. Filled it in mid August. I have been blindly adding tablets to my chlorinator and occasional liquid chlorine. I test weekly with my Pentair Test kit and adjust as instructed by the builder pool school. I'm not having any water quality issues... yet, but being a curious person I felt like I didn't really have a lot of knowledge about what I was doing and the actual effect it was having. I found this site and have been diligently researching the last week or so. I ordered a k-2006 test kit and expect that to arrive today. My chlorinator was about ready to be refilled this weekend, but I decided to just let that run out and supplement with liquid bleach for right now until I get some more accurate numbers. We'll see what happens when I get those number. I'm hoping my CYA isn't too far out of whack already.

Welcome!

You will learn so much here at TFP! I love knowing what is going on with my pool. It sounds like you have already been doing some reading here. Tim5055 has given you some great homework. Once you get going, I think you will love it! Nice job on making your sig and ordering a proper test kit! Post some pics when you get a chance!

Crystal

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Ordering an accurate test kit is the first step in taking control and understanding what is going on with our water.

How much of our Pool School have you read? Start with these if you missed them as they are the basis:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

So, welcome to TFP!!

I have read all those. The question is how much can I remember. :confused: I have a feeling I'll be referring back to those quite a bit once I start testing and getting some valid numbers.

Hello,

I'm new to pool maintenance, we had ours built last summer. Filled it in mid August. I have been blindly adding tablets to my chlorinator and occasional liquid chlorine. I test weekly with my Pentair Test kit and adjust as instructed by the builder pool school. I'm not having any water quality issues... yet, but being a curious person I felt like I didn't really have a lot of knowledge about what I was doing and the actual effect it was having. I found this site and have been diligently researching the last week or so. I ordered a k-2006 test kit and expect that to arrive today. My chlorinator was about ready to be refilled this weekend, but I decided to just let that run out and supplement with liquid bleach for right now until I get some more accurate numbers. We'll see what happens when I get those number. I'm hoping my CYA isn't too far out of whack already.

OH MY GOODNESS! This is one of the best newbie posts I have seen! SO much right with it! THANKS! :hug:

Kim:kim:

- - - Updated - - -

Picture of my Pool taken last week. Hope this works
View attachment 58484

Hey Crystal! I see a road trip in our future! That is such a pretty pool and look at the view!!! I see a green egg to cook with and all kinds of places to sit while waiting for dinner! I will bring the dessert!

Kim:kim:

Kim...I'll bring the beverages! Maybe we should just spend the summer touring all the beautiful TFP pools around the country! Woohoo!

- - - Updated - - -

The cool deck looks like a light enough color. I've heard from others that cool deck is not so cool. But it still looks beautiful!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support