Hello from AZ!

LG1979

Sep 21, 2020
Scottsdale AZ
I am looking for any suggestions for removing a root growth that is in my auto fill tube from fill to pool. I saw someone else in Arizona posted the same kind of root that I have growing in their bucket. I believe it is from an old Oleander we had removed.

Hmmm, it grew through the plastic into your auto fill, WOW... you will need to cut it out and make a new patch :) Using this wonderful stuff.. I have used it on pipes and it will make plastic pieces that hold... I do believe it will need to be dry so you will have to lower the pool...

That could be exactly what I would have to do, short of actually replacing the tube. I’m not sure where the breach is located in the tube, it may be too difficult to reach. I will be getting a snake and a camera, or hiring a plumber to do that part. If it’s in the tank side of the tube, it would be easy. I know it’s closer to that side, but I’m not sure if it’s before or after the tube turns downward toward the pool. Appreciate the suggestion!

If it is in the pipe that will work but you have to get to it.. It may be easier to replace that part of the pipe if you can get to it easy, if it were me this is what I would do...