Hello from Austin!

chasedub

Mar 29, 2021
Austin, TX
Just started taking care of an inground vinyl pool a few months ago, just before the Texas freeze. Still trying to find a replacement impeller for my PB4-60 – the pool parts market is crazy right now! Anyway, my pool is in mostly good shape but I'm looking to reduce the maintenance burden, so I look forward to learning and applying the TFP method and discussing and sharing tips with other pool owners here.

Cheers,
Chase

Just started taking care of an inground vinyl pool a few months ago, just before the Texas freeze. Still trying to find a replacement impeller for my PB4-60 – the pool parts market is crazy right now! Anyway, my pool is in mostly good shape but I'm looking to reduce the maintenance burden, so I look forward to learning and applying the TFP method and discussing and sharing tips with other pool owners here.

Cheers,
Chase
I’m sure you’ve got that Polaris impeller by now. Just a quick question, are you having a fresh bloom of yellow algae?

I am disappointed to share that I do not have that impeller yet! I ordered it back in March and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back and I can’t get through to the retailer but am hesitant to cancel the order because nobody else has it either and I don’t want to lose my place in line!

Anyway, I have lots of algae at the moment because my pool pump is broken for an unrelated reason. Before that I didn’t have much algae, but I definitely had some, especially in the deep end, because even with brushing it’s hard to keep up without the Polaris.