Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

He, so far, hasn't been too interested in my researched knowledge because "this is the way WE do it..." kind of thing...

I'll try...

I feel your pain . . .

I got the inevitable "people who don't know anything about building a pool should let the people they hired build the pool" text a while back. I wanted to text back that I was building multi-million dollar structures when he was still playing in the sandbox, but restrained myself. No sense going down that road when I'm 1500 miles from the build site . . . I've learned that there are some people that are just wired differently. Unfortunately, most of them chose to be contractors . . .

Looks great Denise!! I CAN see the sparkle!

Oh good!!!

BLING for sure! If it BLINGS anymore you are going to have to wear shades to look at it!!!!!

:kim::cat:

I'm ok with that ;)

PB came by to check on things, got to ask questions in person...

No, they do not use sequestrant- he looked at me like I was an idiot...

He wants a text around 6pm to know how full the pool is at that time.

He he gave me the contact info for the guy who starts everything up. I'm to call him when the pool is full. He will then (supposedly) come right over, put in the pucks, muratic acid and start the equipment.

The rest of the plumbing stuff (gas to firepit, etc) will be next week, as well as pool school.

I'm relieved the pool will be filtered, have some chems, and not just sitting getting stagnant. Whew!

It looks gorgeous!! I just love how the toe tiles pop out! Now I'm trying to figure out how to ask for extra abalone! Lol

Fire pit looks nice too! I plan on sprinkling some glass on top but want lava rock for winter so we can make s'mores with the kids over it. Apparently the marshmallow melted won't burn off the glass and would make it look bad but lava rock can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, TM, GET THE EXTRA SHELLS!! So so worth it!! The pictures just do not capture that sparkle! All the others who have said the same thing are so right!

I think if they had not had to reshoot my plaster, I would not have as much as I do now. It's a ton! A blessing for sure!!

He's almost done!!
All the areas I thought I would address with him, he took care of on his own. In looking around, it all looks very even in terms of the color. I am overjoyed at what appears to be a most excellent job!

The spa is about 1/2 full right now!

Did they fill the spa first? I thought they always filled the pool first. Lol I guess it just depends on your set-up. So exciting!!! I will ask about extra abalone!

Edit: The picture showed up after I posted. That's beautiful!!!!

Is it the plaster crew that installs all the fittings too?

Nini!!! You're getting water!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did they fill the spa first? I thought they always filled the pool first. Lol I guess it just depends on your set-up. So exciting!!! I will ask about extra abalone!

Edit: The picture showed up after I posted. That's beautiful!!!!

Is it the plaster crew that installs all the fittings too?

Nini!!! You're getting water!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Yes, they are installing the fitting in the pool now. The spa is almost finished filling. Just got to fill it so the plaster is well covered but the water doesn't go over the spillway and cause streaking.

Water!!!!

Finally,water is going in the pool. What a tortuous path to get to this point.

You are so right, WASP! We made it though!

Wow, it's all so pretty! You guys did a great job! Very Very excited you are filling the pool. almost there.

Thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nini do NOT let the water over fill the spa and run down into the pool!!! It could cause streaks. Fill the spa up to the tile then move that hose to the pool.

:kim:

Yeppers!! All over it!! And doing my happy dance!!

I feel your pain . . .

I got the inevitable "people who don't know anything about building a pool should let the people they hired build the pool" text a while back. I wanted to text back that I was building multi-million dollar structures when he was still playing in the sandbox, but restrained myself. No sense going down that road when I'm 1500 miles from the build site . . . I've learned that there are some people that are just wired differently. Unfortunately, most of them chose to be contractors . . .

I agree 100% PB told me same thing and added when owner gets involved the price will go up. Also at the very beginning I contacted the engineer with a question after my request to the PB that the engineer contact me was ignored.
I got a nasty email from the PB " don't you ever call any of my subcontactors.
It's been a hectic & frustrating 4 months but it got done.

I agree 100% PB told me same thing and added when owner gets involved the price will go up. Also at the very beginning I contacted the engineer with a question after my request to the PB that the engineer contact me was ignored.

GCs ALWAYS hate it when an owner calls their subs. I get that to an extent. But guess who gets called when a sub desn't get paid . . . ? You guessed it ! The Owner . . .

I feel your pain . . .

I missed your comment earlier!

And, yes, I would agree! So, mostly, I just didn't push somethings very hard when I got push back, just on the important stuff. There's still things I missed which made me a nervous wreck (like expansion joints between the house and the deck, and between the spa and the deck) but I can't do anything about it now.

Im sure it's worse for you being so far away from your build...

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully you are ENJOYING your hard work now! It turned out beautiful!!

That's looking really nice. Can't wait to see it full and then balanced.

Thank you!! It's filling FAST!!!

GCs ALWAYS hate it when an owner calls their subs. I get that to an extent. But guess who gets called when a sub desn't get paid . . . ? You guessed it ! The Owner . . .

Ha! Of course!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.