Heavy snow/rain on new cover

ald7973

May 19, 2020
Prairie Village, KS
Hi! Just put our new cover on a few weeks ago (first winter in this house) and this is our first snow/sleet event. There's just half an inch or so of precipitation, but it's very heavy. Cover is now touching the pool water that we dropped below the jets/return....about 14" from the deck surface. Anyway, the weight of the sleet is making me nervous. Thought I'd ask this group if this is ok / what to do. Thanks!16092584500544344908940865356872.jpg

Our pool cover did the same thing, but it’s a micro mesh. They stretch a bit. Then once it warms up, it springs right back up and the water just melts and adds itself to the pool water.

if yours is a solid cover (water doesn’t pass through it), then you’re supposed to pump the water off the top of it before it collects too much, but I’ve no idea what “too much” is.

It is normal for pool covers to sag under the weight of ice, snow, or water. That is why the straps have springs on them.

Reactions: duade
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.